New Cows

Help Support CattleToday:

bulldog04

Reaction score
So I will be taking over lease of 120 acres of pasture and 40 acres of hay meadow. It borders 65 acres that I already own with some cattle on it. I will be buying around 70 mommas through individuals and consignment sales at the sale barn. What kind of treatment should I give these cows before turning out? I worry about pneumonia (had it happen after buying a cow and got to her too late) but idk if that is an issue this time of year

It's always an issue when you combine cattle from different places and the stockyard also.
I buy something every week and as soon as I get home they get Inforce 3 and Presponse. Also wormed and tagged. Calves get castrated and alpha 7 also plus the previous.

kenny thomas said:
It's always an issue when you combine cattle from different places and the stockyard also.
I buy something every week and as soon as I get home they get Inforce 3 and Presponse. Also wormed and tagged. Calves get castrated and alpha 7 also plus the previous.

I wish we were buying every week. You must have a huge operation. Congrats.

_H Ranch said:
kenny thomas said:

I wish we were buying every week. You must have a huge operation. Congrats.
Not a huge operation. I buy a few most every week but sell a lot also. For me It's all about moving them along and making some money.

kenny thomas said:
I buy something every week and as soon as I get home they get Inforce 3 and Presponse.
I like Inforce 3. What have you seen by using Presponse?

Booster is not needed using these 2 vaccine. Another reason I like it.
Most vaccine with Presponse in a mix do require a booster. Presponse by itself does not.

Do you just squirt inforce 3 in the nostril with a syringe or is there a special tool to use?
You can squirt it into the nostril(s) via a small 3 cc syringe but plastic nasal catheters come gratis with the company supplying internasal vaccines.

76 Bar said:
Do you just squirt inforce 3 in the nostril with a syringe or is there a special tool to use?
You can squirt it into the nostril(s) via a small 3 cc syringe but plastic nasal catheters come gratis with the company supplying internasal vaccines.
[/quote
Yes the catheters come with the vaccine