New Coral Height???

Help Support CattleToday:

LDEnterprises":3c11k94e said:
WalnutCrest":3c11k94e said:
I start drooling when I think about Arrow (squeeze and alleys)

Best money I've spent in years was investing in an Arrow squeeze chute and alleys. I'm about to finish out our corral with a new Arrow tub this month and put the Tarter crap in the scrap pile.

:nod:

TennesseeTuxedo":1j4g2f6y said:
LDEnterprises":1j4g2f6y said:
WalnutCrest":1j4g2f6y said:
I start drooling when I think about Arrow (squeeze and alleys)

Best money I've spent in years was investing in an Arrow squeeze chute and alleys. I'm about to finish out our corral with a new Arrow tub this month and put the Tarter crap in the scrap pile.

Either of you have any difficulty getting parts?

I've (only recently) heard stories about difficulty replacing the rollers on the sliding gates...

A good solid set of corrals will keep your cattle honest. Go 6' and you'll most likely never see that you needed it. If you go shorter you might have a jumper here and there and once that starts you won't be able to handle them the way you want to anymore without worrying about it.

WalnutCrest":323uwkwt said:
TennesseeTuxedo":323uwkwt said:
LDEnterprises":323uwkwt said:

I've (only recently) heard stories about difficulty replacing the rollers on the sliding gates...

I'm simply agreeing that Tarter is junk.

TennesseeTuxedo":2qjl29jd said:
WalnutCrest":2qjl29jd said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2qjl29jd said:

I'm simply agreeing that Tarter is junk.

Ahhhh...

Thanks for clarifying.

My experience is if they can get there head over the top of it they will try to jump it. That's why you see so many crunched gates. I would go at least 6'.

my lot was 58'' tall and had a Herford bull that could clear it like it was not there. also had a longhorn break into my pasture, jumped the cattle guard, we put him in that lot and he could clear it with no problem. I thought if they can clear it than so could my Brahman/Brahman cross cows plus I buy some and calve them out and if they are a little rank you can get them cheaper. I had the pipe so I made it taller now the main part is 6'+ with a smaller catch pen where I load and unload that is close to 8' tall. I always say if they get out of my pens ''shoot them'' cause there ain't nothing going to hold them. Go taller and don't worry about if they will be able to jump it. I never had one get out after I raised it. When I was building corrals for people I always said it better to over kill than to build it and wish you had did it different.

Mine were 6 feet with a few 5 foot walls here and there. After watching a tigerstripe at the auction almost make it out I raised all of mine to 7 foot tall. My bull liked leaning over the 5 foot gates. Only took a wood an extra wood post. No matter what kind of breed I have, I want to contain them. Better safe then sorry.

All mine are 6'. Your not building it to contain your herd, but rather that one nut job that you have to get up and haul to town.

Latest posts