New Chevrolet

Help Support CattleToday:

badroute

Reaction score
I've been lookin to buy a new feed pickup and have been doin a little looking at the new Chevy's. I am having a hard time finding one with a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission. Does anyone know if the 2007's offer a manual transmission or are they all 6 speed automatics with overdrive? Thanks.

How well do they work? It sure doesn't sound like something that would work very well in rough country or in the deep snow. I may have to think about a Ford now.

Northern Rancher":15z4o0da said:
Get an older Dodge-they work like beasts up here.

Two of my uncles have them... One pulls a 5th wheel camper all over the country with a boat or flatbed with atvs behind the camper. The other one I work for alot of times and we haul cows in a 32' with no problem.

I never really use the push button. The Allison automatics in the Chevys are pretty good. My Uncle with the 5th Wheel uses the push button in the mountains sometimes. No complaints.

I've been researching a new truck also... and in searching dealer inventories, I have yet to find any of the major three brands (Dodge, Chevy or Ford) that have manual transmissions.. unless it's a commercial type vehicle.

I'll bet you can order one with it, but they are hard to find anymore. Which is a shame, I'd much rather have a manual.

My husband just got a new Dodge one ton manual full box deisel.He uses it for work and pulls a trailer with the back end loaded heavey.So far works great and where they go and the miles that they put on if it survives you know that it's a good truck.

Latest posts