New Brangus Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah his birth weight is really high, what surprised me the most about him was his length. When I bought the bred Best bet cow he had his first set of calves out of Gamechanger on the ground all 0-2 months old and they were very stout calves. I really like the size on the Mound Creek bulls, but I was talking to Ricebeltrancher a few months ago about this they lack a little bit of phenotype. I also really like Salacoa Valley bulls.

Dsteim":lua9yc3l said:
Yeah his birth weight is really high, what surprised me the most about him was his length. When I bought the bred Best bet cow he had his first set of calves out of Gamechanger on the ground all 0-2 months old and they were very stout calves. I really like the size on the Mound Creek bulls, but I was talking to Ricebeltrancher a few months ago about this they lack a little bit of phenotype. I also really like Salacoa Valley bulls.

I would have to disagree. Yes the Mound Creek bulls have great genotypical characteristics, however from my experience they pass them on in their phenotypes. They seem to have more structure, soundness and growth in my opinion. This is just my observation of my own herd.

Salacoa Valley has some very nice sires. Got a few heifers bred to Atlanta and just had a Stonewall heifer born Sunday.

Latest posts