New Beefmaster Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":2xyz0s45 said:
bigbull338":2xyz0s45 said:
you got 1 heck of a nice heifer.how did you like the sale.

When the first heifer sold for $30,000, and then a bunch over $10,000, and a few in the $20,000s, I thought I was just there to watch. but then they settled down in the $4,000 to $10,000 range. A lot of nice cows and heifers and 5 real nice bulls. Those bulls went cheap $5,000 to $8,000. Info Too a full genetic brother to Adrenaline and Walker Red sold for $8,000 he has some nice calves already on the ground at 27 months. I thought all 5 of those bulls would go north of $10,000. To me anyone that bought a bull got a heck of a deal. There was some pairs there that these girls are showing if you bought them they were going back to SWB till July so on their grocery bill then they would AI them to anything SWB has in stock basically a 3 in one those were sweet deals. I hung out with Buckner, talked to Derrick Frenzel for a little while, met the president of the sale in Sulphur Springs, I met a few other people, had a good time, bought a heifer, and ate some good BBQ.
you shouldve bought some of the pairs out of the lonestar sale.there was only 1 of us buying in that sale.1 of my friends picked up 3 or 4 nice bred heifers worth the money.we didnt even bother to pull the trailer since we wasnt buying.

I wanted to come up there to that sale but ended up with a class booked that day so couldn't get away. How is your new bull doing? In Macalister bulls were high everywhere else I went bulls have seemed pretty cheap for the quality. In Crockett the EMS bull I think was a full brother to Firehouse sold for $7,000 and then these bulls this weekend. Kinda has me a little worried I got mostly little bulls I am waiting to see how they turn out and only 1 heifer. The money right now seems to be in heifers and I only got 1.

im still waiting on the owner to deliver the bull.was supposed to get him 2wks ago.but the flood and high winds hit them with down trees and fences.

Waco after closer examination I have decided the heifer has two faults.
First she is in your pasture.
Second she is not in mine.
I am still kicking my butt over letting those two Beefmaster heifers slide through my fingers.

Yeah Bigbull it would be hard for me if I needed to get a calf delivered pens are muddy pasture are swampy and I had a big tree fall lucky only took out a gate. I need it to dry out to get that tree out and put my pour on for flies. Hope you get him soon, or hopefully your other bull covered everything.

CB are you offering to feed her. I will gladly let you put her on your grocery bill then bring her home after she calves lol. If I was in commercials right now I would want a pasture full of Beefmaster, F1 Tigers, and F1 Charbrays with a Char bull. Those calves would kill the scales at the barn and bring big money. Those 3 breeds plus F1 Brangus are the best momma cows in my opinion.

I am still kicking myself for not getting in on those bulls. I couldn't believe they sold that low after watching what the heifers went for.

SteppedInIt":1fbhsrsq said:
I am still kicking myself for not getting in on those bulls. I couldn't believe they sold that low after watching what the heifers went for.

The heifers were the main event the bulls were just a side show. If you need a bull you missed a good chance. Did you buy anything? That BBQ was pretty good by the time I got there all that was left was sandwiches but they were good.

I viewed via internet while attending my daughters softball tournament over in Louisiana. I didn't buy anything. The heifers were my interest. I honestly thought the bulls would have been around $10K.

wacocowboy":17i4j3ji said:
Yeah Bigbull it would be hard for me if I needed to get a calf delivered pens are muddy pasture are swampy and I had a big tree fall lucky only took out a gate. I need it to dry out to get that tree out and put my pour on for flies. Hope you get him soon, or hopefully your other bull covered everything.

CB are you offering to feed her. I will gladly let you put her on your grocery bill then bring her home after she calves lol. If I was in commercials right now I would want a pasture full of Beefmaster, F1 Tigers, and F1 Charbrays with a Char bull. Those calves would kill the scales at the barn and bring big money. Those 3 breeds plus F1 Brangus are the best momma cows in my opinion.

I will happily feed her till she calves I just hope she doesn't run off right before you get here.
She could be lost in this thicket for 8 or 10 years.

I will happily feed her till she calves I just hope she doesn't run off right before you get here.
She could be lost in this thicket for 8 or 10 years.[/quote]

lol I think I will keep her here. Hopefully she will raise me some good heifers to sell.

SteppedInIt":6b9q2xqj said:
I viewed via internet while attending my daughters softball tournament over in Louisiana. I didn't buy anything. The heifers were my interest. I honestly thought the bulls would have been around $10K.

Oh do you raise Beefmasters or just use them to cross breed?

wacocowboy said:
I purchased this girl today at a Beefmaster sale. She classified 1-3 and she is a Who Dat x Oasis Too from T5 Ranch. Lots of good breeding in her background. Born on 3-7-14.

I checked her pedigree and saw she had Polled Mandate. In my opinion his daughters and granddaughters do quite well, they seam to have longevity also. Black Bayou took off for a couple of years because of how great the wean weights were. She really has those Infinity hind quarters doesn't she.

I am kinda surprised her accuracy are not higher considering how many Oasis type animal are out there. Who are you going to breed her too. Is that Buster Bull?

thommoos":18txi7hx said:
wacocowboy":18txi7hx said:
I purchased this girl today at a Beefmaster sale. She classified 1-3 and she is a Who Dat x Oasis Too from T5 Ranch. Lots of good breeding in her background. Born on 3-7-14.

I checked her pedigree and saw she had Polled Mandate. In my opinion his daughters and granddaughters do quite well, they seam to have longevity also. Black Bayou took off for a couple of years because of how great the wean weights were. She really has those Infinity hind quarters doesn't she.

I am kinda surprised her accuracy are not higher considering how many Oasis type animal are out there. Who are you going to breed her too. Is that Buster Bull?

Yeah she has a lot of Typesetters on her background. All these Who Dat heifers I am seeing look amazing. She does have those nice hips. I think she looks like her part sister Silky Satin. Satin is a bit cleaner on the underline but frame wise I think they look a lot alike hope she produces like Silky. I thought they would be higher too but Silky Satins are lower than hers so who knows will see what she does. Yeah she is running with my Buster 250 bull put some L Bar 5502 bloodlines with her and see what it produces. Just curious how did you know which one she was to look up her EPDs and Pedigree? It don't bother me just curious since I didn't put her lot or BBU number.

wacocowboy":19w86g6i said:
She could be lost in this thicket for 8 or 10 years.

lol I think I will keep her here. Hopefully she will raise me some good heifers to sell.

SteppedInIt":19w86g6i said:

Oh do you raise Beefmasters or just use them to cross breed?[/quote]

I started here about two years ago getting into beefmasters. I just sold the last of my commercial cattle three weeks ago, going full BM.

Cool Only commercials I have left are two Angus x Beefmaster heifers. I will sell them bred this fall then wont have anything but BM. It is going to take me awhile to build my herd up cost more to get registered BMs than you get for commercial cattle and I am not going out of pocket just money I make from cattle. Would like to buy one more this fall but not sure.

Do you already have a BM bull or what? Not sure how many head you have but you may want to AI till you build up your herd so you can keep all your heifers. I kinda wish I had gone AI built up my herd before I bought a bull, but I did get my bull a lot cheaper buying him last year. Lots of good BM bulls to AI to I have been looking at Walker Red and L Bar En Fuego and a few other. As much as I like these Who Dat heifers I might would AI to him. Maybe I will see you around at a sale I already met EC he is a real nice guy.

wacocowboy":3c6yu1e9 said:
Cool Only commercials I have left are two Angus x Beefmaster heifers. I will sell them bred this fall then wont have anything but BM. It is going to take me awhile to build my herd up cost more to get registered BMs than you get for commercial cattle and I am not going out of pocket just money I make from cattle. Would like to buy one more this fall but not sure.

Do you already have a BM bull or what? Not sure how many head you have but you may want to AI till you build up your herd so you can keep all your heifers. I kinda wish I had gone AI built up my herd before I bought a bull, but I did get my bull a lot cheaper buying him last year. Lots of good BM bulls to AI to I have been looking at Walker Red and L Bar En Fuego and a few other. As much as I like these Who Dat heifers I might would AI to him. Maybe I will see you around at a sale I already met EC he is a real nice guy.

Want some embryo's???
Black Caviler by Ocker (xcite daughter)

Latest posts