New Beefmaster Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

wacocowboy":3b7xfaqn said:
Do you already have a BM bull or what? Not sure how many head you have but you may want to AI till you build up your herd so you can keep all your heifers. I kinda wish I had gone AI built up my herd before I bought a bull, but I did get my bull a lot cheaper buying him last year. Lots of good BM bulls to AI to I have been looking at Walker Red and L Bar En Fuego and a few other. As much as I like these Who Dat heifers I might would AI to him. Maybe I will see you around at a sale I already met EC he is a real nice guy.

I don't have a BM bull. I was planning on buying one this year and using him on both BM & my commercials. I had trouble with a partner and decided to sell commercials we ran together so a bull really isn't feasible. I have three open cows, and heifers soon to be ready for breeding. I have a semen tank to be delivered Friday and will be trying my first AI attempt shortly. L Bar En Fuego is one I had my eye on. I have been considering buying cheaper semen though since this will be a shot in the dark. No pun intended. No class for AI until Sept.

A bull would definitely be more convenient though. I do have a good prospect bull for $5.5K that came up Monday. I may just go for that if all works out and I get more info. I have several projects going that's keeping me tied up. So we will see how it all works out.

I have been wanting to go to these sales, but dang, its always something!

thommoos":3p2vx1n8 said:
wacocowboy":3p2vx1n8 said:
Cool Only commercials I have left are two Angus x Beefmaster heifers. I will sell them bred this fall then wont have anything but BM. It is going to take me awhile to build my herd up cost more to get registered BMs than you get for commercial cattle and I am not going out of pocket just money I make from cattle. Would like to buy one more this fall but not sure.

Do you already have a BM bull or what? Not sure how many head you have but you may want to AI till you build up your herd so you can keep all your heifers. I kinda wish I had gone AI built up my herd before I bought a bull, but I did get my bull a lot cheaper buying him last year. Lots of good BM bulls to AI to I have been looking at Walker Red and L Bar En Fuego and a few other. As much as I like these Who Dat heifers I might would AI to him. Maybe I will see you around at a sale I already met EC he is a real nice guy.

Want some embryo's???
Black Caviler by Ocker (xcite daughter)

I am not to wild on the embryos. Never done them but everyone says only 40 to 50 % chance of sticking.

SteppedInIt":1bj6c21d said:
wacocowboy":1bj6c21d said:

I don't have a BM bull. I was planning on buying one this year and using him on both BM & my commercials. I had trouble with a partner and decided to sell commercials we ran together so a bull really isn't feasible. I have three open cows, and heifers soon to be ready for breeding. I have a semen tank to be delivered Friday and will be trying my first AI attempt shortly. L Bar En Fuego is one I had my eye on. I have been considering buying cheaper semen though since this will be a shot in the dark. No pun intended. No class for AI until Sept.

A bull would definitely be more convenient though. I do have a good prospect bull for $5.5K that came up Monday. I may just go for that if all works out and I get more info. I have several projects going that's keeping me tied up. So we will see how it all works out.

I have been wanting to go to these sales, but dang, its always something!

If you can hold off till Oct. ISA in San Angelo and Beef on Forage in Brenham will have bull sales. There will also be a sale in Galveston in Oct. EC would probably have some leads on Buster bulls if you are interested. SWB has some young bulls listed on their website for $5,000. Emmons probably has some young bulls. Frenzel probably has some young bulls. If you want a polled bull Buckner is the guy to speak to I know he has a few not sure how old they are.

I don't want to hold off getting these opens bred. I think AI will be a useful skill anyway. I would rather put my money in heifers/cows for now. I think I can get AI to work with some help.

Latest posts