Nelore prices

Help Support CattleToday:

zkrioka

Reaction score
I was recently on a trip to Brazil and saw on TV a cattle auction where pregnant pure Nelore cows were being sold for $2,000 each....

zkrioka":37lxozaw said:
I was recently on a trip to Brazil and saw on TV a cattle auction where pregnant pure Nelore cows were being sold for $2,000 each....
A Brazilian cow breed called "Nelore"?
I've never heard that one before.
At first I thought they meant "Lenore",
But I couldn't find it in the store,
So - 2000 Bucks right out the door!
Quoth the Raven - "Nevermore"!

guest25":2lj39c1p said:
DOC HARRIS":2lj39c1p said:
zkrioka":2lj39c1p said:
A Brazilian cow breed called "Nelore"?
I've never heard that one before.
At first I thought they meant "Lenore",
But I couldn't find it in the store,
So - 2000 Bucks right out the door!
Quoth the Raven - "Nevermore"!

read the post last night went to the following link and found quite a bit of info. they might be $2,000 if they were polled as there are horned and polled.

http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/cattle/
All kidding and poetry( ? ) :shock: :p aside - Beef breeders in the hot, sultry, humid and bug-ridden southern states might be surprised :eek: :eek: to discover what these Nelore Cattle could do for a cross-breeding program! I certainly was, and the characteristics that this breed possesses, if incorporated into a well-managed cross-breeding program, could add profit and ease of production to their life-style. This is another bos indicus breed to consider. I must admit - I was uninformed concerning the breed. Eye-opening to say the least :shock:

Just seen a report in Australian Brahman news where a group of Brahman breeders from Australia recently visited a show and sale in Brazil. Phenomenal prices were paid for a variety of Zebu cattle,including Nelore,Gyr,Guzerat,Brahman etc. There was in excess of 2300 head of cattle at this show spread over about ten days in May.
I have never like the Nelore type cattle as they were lighter boned and generally their temperament wasn't as good as the American bred Brahman.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":2njk0ndt said:
Just seen a report in Australian Brahman news where a group of Brahman breeders from Australia recently visited a show and sale in Brazil. Phenomenal prices were paid for a variety of Zebu cattle,including Nelore,Gyr,Guzerat,Brahman etc. There was in excess of 2300 head of cattle at this show spread over about ten days in May.
I have never like the Nelore type cattle as they were lighter boned and generally their temperament wasn't as good as the American bred Brahman.
Colin
Good post, Colin, and this is the place to bring those details forward.

Latest posts