Neighbor's cattle profits

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef":20o01qh9 said:
my tv is from the air...free...
I wouldn't expect you to know this but there's nothing free about it. Local broadcasting networks receive billions of dollars in government subsidies each year.

Massey135":238u0d4a said:
The wealthiest 1% of US citizens pay 60% of the nations taxes, are you paying your fair share?

Define "Fair Share"........I hear the word thrown around every day but nobody knows where "fair share" begins and ends. I'll wait patiently.

Massey135":eov9heku said:
dieselbeef":eov9heku said:
I wouldn't expect you to know this but there's nothing free about it. Local broadcasting networks receive billions of dollars in government subsidies each year.

I find this to be a very interesting statement. Can you point me to your source for this information? A link would be great.

Thanks

ALACOWMAN":vs034g15 said:
watch as fuel prices move up, the little man quits spending. cant spend the extra because it all goes to buying gas to work...i say to he#@ with cable tv.. im spending that money for 4.00 diesel :cowboy:

The little man needs to be driving a cash car, not a diesel pickup. That's why he stays the little man - no financial responsibility. Some peddle for all theyre worth and nvr realize there's another gear.

Massey135":2bqu65ic said:
ALACOWMAN":2bqu65ic said:
watch as fuel prices move up, the little man quits spending. cant spend the extra because it all goes to buying gas to work...i say to he#@ with cable tv.. im spending that money for 4.00 diesel :cowboy:

The little man needs to be driving a cash car, not a diesel pickup. That's why he stays the little man - no financial responsibility. Some peddle for all theyre worth and nvr realize there's another gear.
this little man drives and old delta 88 with 371k on it, the diesel im speaking of is for my tractors to brag ""like you"" im sure i spend more money on fuel baling hay then you do all year

TennesseeTuxedo":2ywc4ly2 said:
Massey135":2ywc4ly2 said:
dieselbeef":2ywc4ly2 said:

I find this to be a very interesting statement. Can you point me to your source for this information? A link would be great.

Thanks

CPB: Corporation for Public Broadcasting
http://cpb.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatio ... oadcasting
:banana:

Massey135":lnl6v69w said:

The Structure of the Mass Media and Government Regulation
For the most part, the mass media in the United States are privately owned. Private ownership ensures considerable, but not absolute, freedom from government oversight. It does raise questions, however, about how the mass media operate.

Public radio and public television, which receive part of their revenues from the federal government through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), represent a comparatively small share of the market.

P.S. Still awaiting definition of "FAIR SHARE"

I wouldn't mind having a "Fair Share". But our local county fair is publicly owned and about broke so having a share in it wouldn't do me much good. The Western Washington Fair in Puyallup on the other hand is privately owned and is huge. I even went to high school in Puyallup. Now if I had somehow got a share of that fair..... well I would be sitting pretty.

That small share is still billions of $.

I support a flat tax rate and abolishing the earned income tax credit.

Seems like those making 40-60 grand are the loudest about paying for the indigents when in fact its those 1%ers that everyone hates picking up their slack and supporting your kids public schools.

Let me guess, if you send your kid to private school, you don't feel you should have to pay local school taxes?!? Same scenario with the nationalized healthcare.

Massey135":d2llh3wh said:
That small share is still billions of $.

I support a flat tax rate and abolishing the earned income tax credit.

Seems like those making 40-60 grand are the loudest about paying for the indigents when in fact its those 1%ers that everyone hates picking up their slack and supporting your kids public schools.

Let me guess, if you send your kid to private school, you don't feel you should have to pay local school taxes?!? Same scenario with the nationalized healthcare.
Not true. My kids went to parochial school AND I paid local school taxes as well. No getting around that but I do believe we should use the voucher system in our education system. Probably 95% of folks don't mind paying the taxes they know the owe. That is "Fair Share". Not a penny more nor less.

How do you feel you 'owe' your poor neighbor's child education, but not access to medication? Honest question. For the same reasons I support public education, I support access to public healthcare.

The thing about the health care law is in 3 years you will be paying 6 percent of your income to pay the tax . Unless you have insurance . Which the government insurance tax will be less than private ins. So everyone will drop private and move to government . Not to mention 40 million new people going to the dr that previously didn't go. Reality will set in when you have to wait 6 months to see a dr and then you die because you didn't catch the cancer in time . The people who don't pay now will never pay . I'm sorry but life isn't easy and nothing should be free . If you want insurance go to work and pay for it . As far as school taxes go I would rather pay tuition for the time my kids are in school instead of paying taxes on school programs my kids can't qualify for .

JSCATTLE":213zxpwc said:
The thing about the health care law is in 3 years you will be paying 6 percent of your income to pay the tax . Unless you have insurance . Which the government insurance tax will be less than private ins. So everyone will drop private and move to government . Not to mention 40 million new people going to the dr that previously didn't go. Reality will set in when you have to wait 6 months to see a dr and then you die because you didn't catch the cancer in time . The people who don't pay now will never pay . I'm sorry but life isn't easy and nothing should be free . If you want insurance go to work and pay for it . As far as school taxes go I would rather pay tuition for the time my kids are in school instead of paying taxes on school programs my kids can't qualify for .
Do you not think this will force private insurance companies to be more competitive?

If your kids went to a state college or university, 30% of the tuition was subsidized by the state. Hence the reason why in state and out of state tuitions vary so greatly in price. If they went to an ISD, 100% of their tuition was subsidized by the state/fed.

I support an economy of healthy, educated citizens.

Massey135":1x1a3g46 said:
How do you feel you 'owe' your poor neighbor's child education, but not access to medication? Honest question. For the same reasons I support public education, I support access to public healthcare.

The same reason I owe the "poor renter's" children an education as they pay no taxes either. Public education and public health are nothing alike. Public Health you "supposedly" get to use the practitioner of your choice. Public school you go to the school of the State's choice. It may not be long before health care will be the same tho. You go to the doctor they send you to and you go when they tell you that you can. Not one day sooner.

Vouchers would balance out. Schools really would not lose any tax revenue and could possibly even increase revenue and the number of students would balance out with the exception that low quality schools might not have any students and have to shut down....as they should.

Everything is supported by taxing citizens . With out us a state university or local isd couldn't exist . I support a working population . As for as the private insurance lowering their prices it won't happen . When it becomes unprofitable they will shut down . There are to many people in this country with their hand out . That's never gonna change until those of us who work and pay in stop working and pay in . What good are property taxes and taking people's land and homes for not paying taxes if there isn't anyone to sell it to . We are being robbed by lazy government scamming leaches . We need it do away with anything that is free. If you didn't pay into it you don't get it. I'm for keeping my money that I work hard for...And I assure you it would be cheaper for me to pay the other 30 percent to get my kids in college .

The trouble is that they are trying to reform health insurance while doing nothing to help reduce the cost of health care. The increase in health care cost is what has driven up insurance cost. Tort reform would be a good place to start. The average OG/GYN is paying over $2,000 a day in malpractice insurance. That is before they open the doors, pay the rent, the help, turn on the lights, pay themself, etc. That cost has to be turned over to their patients. Does the doc see 40 women in a day? That is $50 each just to pay the malpractice insurance. Of course the patients health insurance has to pay that which causes health insurance rates to go up.

Should people that drink, smoke, dip , and or do drugs be able to get health insurance?? And have my tax dollars help pay for their treatment. I say NO. Make a federal sales tax, with no loop holes and everyone will pay their fair share.
It's to simple and the lawyers won't go for it.

highgrit":4sgka537 said:
Should people that drink, smoke, dip , and or do drugs be able to get health insurance?? And have my tax dollars help pay for their treatment. I say NO. Make a federal sales tax, with no loop holes and everyone will pay their fair share.
I agree with a sales tax and do away with income tax . If you make it you will spend it . Even those on food stamps and welfare will have to pay the sales tax .

Dave":x858fu3z said:
The trouble is that they are trying to reform health insurance while doing nothing to help reduce the cost of health care. The increase in health care cost is what has driven up insurance cost. Tort reform would be a good place to start.

You hit the nail on the head. This is a bandaid instead of a solution and a piss poor one at that. The real problems have not been addressed at all. Look at our judicial system and the BS lawsuits that get awareded. I am in the insurance business and unfortunately have to deal with this mess on a daily basis. I tell my clients when talking about liability limits and coverages that a jury of their peers could decide their fate. I then ask them how many idiots they know. We all need to take responsibility for our own actions and lives. People need to quit sitting around on their rears waiting for my tax dollars to bail them out.

highgrit":1fkuy3o3 said:

What about the millions of overweight people that could simply eat healthier and exercise to avoid countless health problems. Charge them health premiums by the pound. That would wake their a$$es up.

Latest posts