Neighbor's cattle profits

Help Support CattleToday:

The #1 factor in the rise in health care costs and insurance rates is Gov't intervension.
When the passed HIPPA in '97 (98 maybe), they said it was to make sure everyone could afford to keep insurance. Well, guess what happened, rates increased an average of 20% overnight and annual increases continued at that same rate. And for people who were eligible for COBRA, most couldn't afford the premiums anyway.
We had 10 employees at the time and we provided 100% coverage for them and 50% coverage for their dependents. Overnite, our premiums ( for a very good plan) went from $125/mo per person, flat rate, to $95 - $300 depending on age and gender. My own rate more than doubled to $280/mo. I dropped ins for me. I was in my 30's, very healthy with no plans for children.
Care to guess what I did after about a year of that? If you guessed that I dropped the plan all together you're spot on. Gave everyone one a raise, and we no longer offered health insurance.

MF--your friend has a lousy plan, I don't care who it's with. After meeting the deductible, he should have very little or no out of pocket expenses. Most plans have a fairly low out of pocket cap that would be no were near $12,000/yr. And, I don't want this to sound too harsh, but maybe they should reconsider some of the recommended treatments. It's important to always remember, that Health Care providers are in business, to make a profit. Sometimes things are recommended to increase their bottom line, sometimes to practice CYA medicine. It's up to each one of us to take control of our own health and play an active role in determining our own treatment.

As to the # of people who bankrupt because of cancer or other major heath issues, it has far more to do with the loss of income and sometimes loss of insurance because of lost income, than the actual cost of care.

JSCATTLE":1cqu72d5 said:
highgrit":1cqu72d5 said:
Should people that drink, smoke, dip , and or do drugs be able to get health insurance?? And have my tax dollars help pay for their treatment. I say NO. Make a federal sales tax, with no loop holes and everyone will pay their fair share.
It's to simple and the lawyers won't go for it.
I agree with a sales tax and do away with income tax . If you make it you will spend it . Even those on food stamps and welfare will have to pay the sales tax .

I agree with a sales tax as long as we do away with the IRS and all the employee's on our dime.
It also needs to be a constitutional amendment of the tax rate and Congress can not raise.
Make them live within a budget. We are taxed to death all ready everything we buy has a tax today.
This is one of those issue's than can be as dangerous as wiping your ass with a broken Mason jar.
Remember we are having a logic discussion you elected official is trying to figure out how to break it off in us and make it sound great.
There is a bigger problem here with the thieve's of government that have been stealing from us for decades.
Look at the SS problem today elected official's have been pulling from it for year's putting IOU's in the pot to give to the non-working to buy vote's. If they had left it alone for what it was intended a Supplemental Retirement we could have never spent the money. Money and politician's don't mix well cause it's not their's.

Caustic Burno":cxxwcuw8 said:
There is a bigger problem here with the thieve's of government that have been stealing from us for decades.

There should be no such thing as a career politician, term limits need set. So many of these jackoff's have never worked in the real world for an extended period of time. Public servant my a$$. They are pocketing a nice check, dam nice health care, and a wonderful retirement all at our expense while wining, dinning, and screwing the American public!!!

Caustic Burno":28s4axin said:
JSCATTLE":28s4axin said:
highgrit":28s4axin said:
Should people that drink, smoke, dip , and or do drugs be able to get health insurance?? And have my tax dollars help pay for their treatment. I say NO. Make a federal sales tax, with no loop holes and everyone will pay their fair share.
It's to simple and the lawyers won't go for it.
I agree with a sales tax and do away with income tax . If you make it you will spend it . Even those on food stamps and welfare will have to pay the sales tax .

I agree with a sales tax as long as we do away with the IRS and all the employee's on our dime.
It also needs to be a constitutional amendment of the tax rate and Congress can not raise.
Make them live within a budget. We are taxed to death all ready everything we buy has a tax today.
This is one of those issue's than can be as dangerous as wiping your ass with a broken Mason jar.
Remember we are having a logic discussion you elected official is trying to figure out how to break it off in us and make it sound great.
Look at the SS problem today elected official's have been pulling from it for year's putting IOU's in the pot to give to the non-working to buy vote's. If they had left it alone for what it was intended a Supplemental Retirement we could have never spent the money. Money and politician's don't mix well cause it's not their's.

It also needs to be tied to a repeal of the 16th amendment. Without that repeal, the possibility for a reintroduction of an income tax in addition to a sales tax is too great. Most pol's won't put their seat (literally and figuratively) on the line and go with congressional taxing authority without the 16th to fall back on.

J&D Cattle":1aqsf4rj said:
Caustic Burno":1aqsf4rj said:

There should be no such thing as a career politician, term limits need set. So many of these jackoff's have never worked in the real world for an extended period of time. Public servant my a$$. They are pocketing a nice check, dam nice health care, and a wonderful retirement all at our expense while wining, dinning, and screwing the American public!!!
That I agree with!

Massey135":21yqahro said:
J&D Cattle":21yqahro said:
Caustic Burno":21yqahro said:

That I agree with!
Absolutely.

J&D Cattle":sd2smhzt said:
Caustic Burno":sd2smhzt said:

If only people would exercise the right they already have to limit a politians term, we wouldn't have to worry about it. The SCOTUS has already ruled on this issue. Setting term limits was deemed unconstitutional based on the fact that the people have the right to vote for whomever they choose. It's also redundant, in that we also have the right to NOT VOTE THEM BACK INTO OFFICE.

I know, but it's not quite right to blame a politian for taking advantage of the stupidity of the electorate.
We still have the ultimate authority. If everyone stopped voting for the guy who's promising everyone something for nothing and instead voted based on the concept of limited Federal authority, and increased State & Local authority, we would have some chance of surviving. Until that happens, it's just a sinking ship.

CottageFarm":3cdgsc2s said:
I know, but it's not quite right to blame a politian for taking advantage of the stupidity of the electorate.
We still have the ultimate authority. If everyone stopped voting for the guy who's promising everyone something for nothing and instead voted based on the concept of limited Federal authority, and increased State & Local authority, we would have some chance of surviving. Until that happens, it's just a sinking ship.

I totally agree.
There is just one small problem you are never going to get the liberal who is sucking on the government tit to vote that way. As long as he can draw housing, food stamp's, welfare check all without working you will never convince him there is a better way. Life is good living off us. We need to do away with the electoral college and go to the popular vote we don't have much of a chance or give each state the same number of vote's.

CottageFarm":r9lsyllj said:
J&D Cattle":r9lsyllj said:
Caustic Burno":r9lsyllj said:

If only people would exercise the right they already have to limit a politians term, we wouldn't have to worry about it. The SCOTUS has already ruled on this issue. Setting term limits was deemed unconstitutional based on the fact that the people have the right to vote for whomever they choose. It's also redundant, in that we also have the right to NOT VOTE THEM BACK INTO OFFICE.

I believe the case you're referring to arose when some states attempted to limit the terms of their US Congessmen and Senators. The Supreme Court struck those laws down, stating that laws enacted by states cannot supercede the US Constitution. Term limits for the US Congress could still happen, but it would take a constitutional amendment, as it did for limiting the president's terms.

There are two ways to amend the Constitution. The only one that's been used so far is a 2/3 vote by both the House and Senate followed by ratification by 3/4 of the state legislatures. Doubtful that will ever happen. The other way is a Constitutional Convention called by 2/3 of the state's legislatures, again followed by ratification by 3/4 of the states. I'm guessing that's our only hope, and even that will be an uphill battle.

Heck Van, that's like asking them to take a pay cut. They generally go and give themselves another raise if someone requests that.

Aint no way they are gonna vote to end their careers. They like that pac money and greased palms from everything else.

dieselbeef":20rgcx3x said:
thats the short version of what i was gonna say...clean version of what i was gonna say

Shucks, Wished I hadn't said it now. We prefer your version.

Caustic Burno":3r7kyra2 said:
CottageFarm":3r7kyra2 said:

I totally agree.
There is just one small problem you are never going to get the liberal who is sucking on the government tit to vote that way. As long as he can draw housing, food stamp's, welfare check all without working you will never convince him there is a better way. Life is good living off us. We need to do away with the electoral college and go to the popular vote we don't have much of a chance or give each state the same number of vote's.
Agree with both of you.
Cottage Farm the ship is sinking in my opinion and baling water with a leaking bucket is not going to do any good.

Caustic it is not just the fault of the free loaders. What really gets me is the bleeding heart liberals that give them everything.

Ryder":1h4n2w39 said:
Cottage Farm the ship is sinking in my opinion and baling water with a leaking bucket is not going to do any good.

Caustic it is not just the fault of the free loaders. What really gets me is the bleeding heart liberals that give them everything.

I agree with all 3 of you!! And frankly, it scares the he]] out of me that the current "leader" may actually be re-elected. My frustration level with this whole mess is incredible. I vote, I send letters, I send e-mails and most frustrating of all is trying to get people out there to vote who won't vote. I get tired of hearing all the whining about the current situation followed by "I don't vote because its rigged, they alreday know who's gonna win", "one vote won't make a difference" "it doesn't matter who you vote for, they're all crooks" and last but not least my favorite..."If I vote I'll be called in for jury duty and I don't want to do jury duty" :roll:

It's pathetic! I often have to sit on my hands when all this stuff comes up on here for fear of spouting off and getting things shut down.

One more thing---I'm amazed this thread has kept going. Thank you to the poewrs that be.

Katherine

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":2e8924p6 said:
It's pathetic! I often have to sit on my hands when all this stuff comes up on here for fear of spouting off and getting things shut down.

One more thing---I'm amazed this thread has kept going. Thank you to the poewrs that be.

Katherine

Don't be sitting on those hands any more. It makes people think you are riding the fence. People who want to ride the fence do not want to be on my side of the fence. Or else they cannot make up their minds.

I am very liberal when it comes to making coffee. I put in twice as much coffee grounds as I should. Other than that............

Caustic Burno":10jbrs2k said:
I loved Yosemite Sam.
I still get tickled when I think about him when he was the Black Knight and had a fire breathing lizard.
The Arab beating the fire out of that camel is a classic as well.

I'd like me some of them Yosemite mud flaps.

The Leta Laroe image tends to make my hormones do strange things.

Ryder":250stem1 said:
What really gets me is the bleeding heart liberals that give them everything.

I'm an equal opportunist and would give plenty of blame to the big business conservatives too. I blame all equally regardless of party affiliation. Everybody could and should be doing more for their elected positions.

I still want to know about my nieghbors cattle profit's. I think the government should tell me what they are. I might need to change the way I am doing things.