Neighbor's cattle profits

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":20216hdn said:
I still want to know about my nieghbors cattle profit's. I think the government should tell me what they are. I might need to change the way I am doing things.

The gubment prolly won't know about the cash exchanges. Anything they know about eats up 35% of that profit they are bragging about.

backhoeboogie":sx8iy04w said:
Don't be sitting on those hands any more. It makes people think you are riding the fence.

Don't get me started, I don't want to be the one who gets this thread locked. Unfortunately the one in Coffee Shop (about the Supremem Court ruling) was locked before I ever got to catching up).

People who want to ride the fence do not want to be on my side of the fence. Or else they cannot make up their minds.

I am very liberal when it comes to making coffee. I put in twice as much coffee grounds as I should.

Sounds good to me, especially 1st thing in the morning. A good strong cup of coffee in the morning is hard to beat!

Other than that............

Okay, I'll add my :2cents: about 1 thing, and I'll try not to get the thread locked in the process. "Poor people" and "the uninsured" DO have access to quality healthcare. I'm sick and tired of hearing that they don't. At several times in my life I did not have health insuarance, I needed healthcare, I had access and I paid for it. A couple of times it wasn't cheap, I set up a payment plan with the hospital for the ER visit. I set up a payment plan with the dentist when necessary. In fact, after I had health insurance it cost more! A very dear friend of ours was having issues, (long story short) he ended up with one of the better Cardiologists in town, at the time he was not on Medicare nor did he have insurance, nor did he have much money. Diagnosed w/Atrial Fibrillation. He got the care he needed, Dr. charged on a sliding scale, he made payments, it didn't break him. His prescriptions are cheaper if he pays out of pocket than if he signed up for a prescription plan. He has since reached "retirement" age. He also went through 2 bouts with cancer, colon and rectal. He only has regular Medicare, no supplemental, no prescrip. He got treatment right away, applied for a grant (from a privately funded outfit) to help with Chemo cost, he qualified (chemo only) had his radiation, 3 surgeries and is now cancer free. He had access to healthcare. He made payments, reasonable amounts. He is happy.

If healthcare goes Governmental/socialized, there will not be private "foundations" which are funded purely by charitable donations, Doctors will no longer have any control over their billing and therefore not be able to "cut a break" now and then. They will not have the "say" they have now as to treatment options. Treatments will not happen as expiditiously as they do now. People who want "extra" tests, etc who are willing and able to pay for them themselves(out of pocket) will no longer be able to do so.

I do agree that healthcare costs are waaay more costly than they should be, that change can start with Tort reform (as mentioned previously be someone else). My regular general practitioner finally quit and retired early due to the cost of malpractice insurance, I couldn't blame him. A change needs to be made for sure, but not in the form of socialized medicine. We (the U.S.A.) can't afford it. The Gov't cannot afford to run the healthcare system the way it operates now.

Okay, I'm done trying not to rant. Hopefully my ramblings are read the way I meant them to be. <---------(here's a good place to insert a "stirring the pot" smiley)

How's that Boogie?

Katherine

backhoeboogie":3ck423e9 said:
Workinonit Farm":3ck423e9 said:
It's pathetic! I often have to sit on my hands when all this stuff comes up on here for fear of spouting off and getting things shut down.

One more thing---I'm amazed this thread has kept going. Thank you to the poewrs that be.

Katherine

Don't be sitting on those hands any more. It makes people think you are riding the fence. People who want to ride the fence do not want to be on my side of the fence. Or else they cannot make up their minds.

I am very liberal when it comes to making coffee. I put in twice as much coffee grounds as I should. Other than that............

I guess I am liberal too. When planning out anything to build, I make sure to make it twice as strong as what is needed.

The way things are set up in the US it has taught people to not save or be prepared for the rainy day. People want safety nets. They want a safety net if they lose thier job... they want a safety net if they get sick... They want a safety net if thier crops don't turn out... They want a safety net if gasoline get too high... They want a saftey net in case the don't have enough cash they can still purchase things. No matter how many people talk the big game when you say we are going to remove the safety net the majority cry and can not handle it.

On a side note, I don't have dental and I get great deals walking in and paying cash. I walk in with cash in hand like Im at a gentleman's club. :nod:

Brute 23":2niqgi4w said:
The way things are set up in the US it has taught people to not save or be prepared for the rainy day. People want safety nets. They want a safety net if they lose thier job... they want a safety net if they get sick... They want a safety net if thier crops don't turn out... They want a safety net if gasoline get too high... They want a saftey net in case the don't have enough cash they can still purchase things. No matter how many people talk the big game when you say we are going to remove the safety net the majority cry and can not handle it.

On a side note, I don't have dental and I get great deals walking in and paying cash. I walk in with cash in hand like Im at a gentleman's club. :nod:
Does the dentist give you lap dances too?

dun":s5kwnaog said:
Brute 23":s5kwnaog said:

Only if you squirm enough.

I am with you if I don't have cold hard train riding cash then I don't buy the ticket.
I have preached this many times about saving. We live in an instant gratification society of want it now.
I thak the good Lord every day I was raised by depression era parent's. I have heard my Mom say this a thousand times it not what you make it is how you manage what you have.

Caustic Burno":2yweua3x said:
I have heard my Mom say this a thousand times it not what you make it is how you manage what you have.

:nod: :nod:

My dad used to say similar as well as to live within your means or below.

Unfortunately there are fewer and fewer folks with that kind of thinking.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":1vs0o7jh said:
Caustic Burno":1vs0o7jh said:
I have heard my Mom say this a thousand times it not what you make it is how you manage what you have.

:nod: :nod:

My dad used to say similar as well as to live within your means or below.

Unfortunately there are fewer and fewer folks with that kind of thinking.

Katherine

Beginning to wonder about myself. Buying more land.

You did great Katherine btw

dun":3cwkiwgs said:
Brute 23":3cwkiwgs said:

This gives a whole new perspective to the importance of dental hygiene :D

Latest posts