Need someone to fertilize for me.

Help Support CattleToday:

bobrammer

Reaction score
I've recently bought 42 acres near Waxahachie, TX. I was thinking it would be a good idea to put some fertilizer down for the coastal. I don't have the equipment yet. Does anybody know someone who could help? Perhaps split my hay crop with me next year for help in getting a quality pasture? I don't know. What's a good plan? Thanks! Bob

bobrammer":1xvl408m said:
I've recently bought 42 acres near Waxahachie, TX. I was thinking it would be a good idea to put some fertilizer down for the coastal. I don't have the equipment yet. Does anybody know someone who could help? Perhaps split my hay crop with me next year for help in getting a quality pasture? I don't know. What's a good plan? Thanks! Bob

Your local Co-op or feed distributor won't for a fee?

Most of the feed stores of any size around here have the spreaders there. when you buy fertilizer they load it, then you drive off with their spreader, and bring it back when your done.

Check with your local seed/fertilizer dealer. Down here there is not a fee for the use of the spreader if you buy the fertilizer from them. Just pick up the spreader, they fill it, take it and return it when your through. The only thing is you may have to wait until a spreader is available.

I don't know if it matters when you fertilize coastal, but my Ag Extension guy advised me to wait until late fall to fertilize my coastal.

jersey lilly":14znio2a said:
Most of the feed stores of any size around here have the spreaders there. when you buy fertilizer they load it, then you drive off with their spreader, and bring it back when your done.
same here rent a buggy you can use your truck to spread if possible cause most are ground driven then you want have to depend on any help its simple :hat:

Do you live close to any chicken houses? A lot of time they sell chicken manure. We have a few chicken houses nearby and they will come and spread it on your field too. I forget how much it costs, but it is something you can look into. Consider it an investment.

If you use chicken manure. Does The pasture have to stay
free of cows. I can manure for 8.00 ton.I would sure like to
inject it.

skyeagle":37fleky9 said:
If you use chicken manure. Does The pasture have to stay
free of cows. I can manure for 8.00 ton.I would sure like to
inject it.
I woudnt put them on it till it had a good rain or two on it and by all means make sure they have plenty of a magnesium suppliment i would start them on it heavy before you turn them on it :hat:

I RAN SPRAY TRUCK FOR FIVE YEARS WHAT U CAN DO IS HAVE UR LOCAL FERT. DEALER APPLY LIQUID OR DRY NOW THEY WILL CHARGE SO MUCH AN ACRE PLUS FERT. NOW THEY CHARGE USUALLY 4.00 TO 5.00 AN ACRE FOR PASTURES CAUSE THERE USUALLY ROUGH. THEY HAVE PULL BEHIND LIQUID AND DRY SPREADERS SPAYERS U CAN RENT HERE IT IS SO MUCH A TON FOR BOTH WHEN U CROSS THE SCALES.

Tom D":3vazx5e5 said:
Do you live close to any chicken houses? A lot of time they sell chicken manure. We have a few chicken houses nearby and they will come and spread it on your field too. I forget how much it costs, but it is something you can look into. Consider it an investment.

I believe I would be very careful how I applied chicken manure, it's high nitrogen and can burn the snot out of your pastures, fields, etc.

Latest posts