need some quick steak help!

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have steaks thawed out, and marinated with a cream of mushroom, garlic, onion and spicy brown mustard sauce. But, it looks like I'm gonna get rained out on the grill. 2nd best way to cook them in the oven? I shudder to even think about it. But I don't think I'm gonna have a choice. Also have a sauce
reducing with the same ingredients plus tequila, butter, salt and pepper. I know sauces and steaks, but thought I'd change things up a bit.......quick...someone give me direction. These are T bones btw

hmmm....Just the way I fix'em but I'd wash all that goop off, add the salt, pepper and maybe some garlic to the steaks, throw them in a hot skillet on top of the stove and drink the tequilla while they cook. Beats George Foreman anyway.

Thx TB, but too late!haha...I seared them in 2 large skillets on high with olive oil. Then put them in the oven at 450 for 10 minutes for medium rare. In the meantime I did a reduction on the tequila sauce and once done spooned the reduction over the steaks. Turned out pretty darn good for not using coal. Not my preferred method...but worked. As for the sauce, I'm not a sauce guy myself, but grilled steaks are getting boring and I wanted to play with flavors.

TexasBred":3idy9g99 said:
hmmm....Just the way I fix'em but I'd wash all that goop off, add the salt, pepper and maybe some garlic to the steaks, throw them in a hot skillet on top of the stove and drink the tequilla while they cook. Beats George Foreman anyway.

Haha...TB, you said exactly what I was thinking....except you just said hot skillet. Should have been hot cast iron skillet.... :)

Hooknline...if you want variation...add some Tones Cajun Spice on top of the salt and pepper... :lol:

Broil them in the oven! They come out good that way. Depending on how thick they are the trick is to just turn em once.

drink the tequilla while they cook. Beats George Foreman anyway.[/quote] Hey don't drag poor ol George into this .......plus it seems like they already hit the tequila......heck I thinnk I might have chosen to marinate in tequila before mustard! Can you really marinate anything in soup and mustard?? :eek:

Kingfisher, don't knock it til you try it. In fact, I challenge ANYONE to try it. 1 can cream of mushroom, 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard, 1/2 onion sliced, 5 tbs worsetchershire, 3 fingers tequila, sea salt,fresh ground pepper, frsh garlic chopped, 1/4 tbs butter. Use half of mix on marinade the other half reduce by 1/3 and spoon over finished meat.

hooknline":2mf8qk3e said:
Kingfisher, don't knock it til you try it. In fact, I challenge ANYONE to try it. 1 can cream of mushroom, 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard, 1/2 onion sliced, 5 tbs worsetchershire, 3 fingers tequila, sea salt,fresh ground pepper, frsh garlic chopped, 1/4 tbs butter. Use half of mix on marinade the other half reduce by 1/3 and spoon over finished meat.

Might be pretty darn good but since I'm use to the basic nursing home diet I'd probably have the shitzzzz in about 15 minutes. :lol2: :help:

Well, ask your nurses if they'll cook it up and run it thru the blender for you. I'm sure they'll changer yer diaper for you afterwards.lol

TexasBred":3hgnds8b said:
hooknline":3hgnds8b said:

Might be pretty darn good but since I'm use to the basic nursing home diet I'd probably have the shitzzzz in about 15 minutes. :lol2: :help:

Talk about a " thread bender......" ;(

I've done the cast iron skillet in the broiler before and they do turn out pretty good. Wish I had got in on this sooner but I was taking a nap.

hooknline":3fwohdw8 said:
Why not just use sirloin or some other cheaper cut of meat? All that goop seems that it would drown out the taste of the meet any way. I love the flavor of steak, if it needs mor'n salt n pepper it ain't done right.

Kingfisher":69ju2zvs said:
drink the tequilla while they cook. Beats George Foreman anyway.
Hey don't drag poor ol George into this .......plus it seems like they already hit the tequila......heck I thinnk I might have chosen to marinate in tequila before mustard! Can you really marinate anything in soup and mustard?? :eek:[/quote]
Sure...just cut it up and call it stew or something. :mrgreen:

C'mon. You all have never toyed with any sauces on your steaks? This sauce was not over powering the flavor of the meat at all. It complimented it very well. Salt pepper and maybe some garlic powder is boring when you eat it that way all the time

hooknline":22j8fxjc said:
C'mon. You all have never toyed with any sauces on your steaks? This sauce was not over powering the flavor of the meat at all. It complimented it very well. Salt pepper and maybe some garlic powder is boring when you eat it that way all the time
NO
Good beef don't need anything else
if I want added flavor I will make a side dish but leave them steaks alone

Angus Cowman":2j04d8ff said:
hooknline":2j04d8ff said:
NO
Good beef don't need anything else
if I want added flavor I will make a side dish but leave them steaks alone
If you want to eat something that has only the taste of the junk you put on it why not try tofu?

Old dog new tricks applies here I guess. I never had tofu and never will. I love good beef as much as anyone, but sometimes I get bored with the same old flavors day in and day out. The flavors in the sauce didn't cover up the flavor of the meat in any way. But I should have expected this response from a bunch of beef guys. Dang purists.

hooknline":k7cjj97r said:
Old dog new tricks applies here I guess. I never had tofu and never will. I love good beef as much as anyone, but sometimes I get bored with the same old flavors day in and day out. The flavors in the sauce didn't cover up the flavor of the meat in any way. But I should have expected this response from a bunch of beef guys. Dang purists.
:nod: Even A1 is a sin.

:mrgreen: never have done A1.and for the record this is the first time i ever tried a sauce on steaks. marinate all the time tho. lord forgive, i have sinned

Latest posts