Quick Meals (Hearty and Satisfying)

Help Support CattleToday:

So how on earth do y'all choose what to make? Plan out a weekly menu? I find recipe searching and menu planning exhausting too many dang choices!

Mix diced onions and Panko bread crumbs in with HB meat and make into individual size patties
Put in casserole dish
Add red potatoes, whole green beans and corn
Put in a little water and cover and cook in oven for 30-45 till HB is done
Quick easy meal

Cross-7":1ol4pv6v said:
Mix diced onions and Panko bread crumbs in with HB meat and make into individual size patties
Put in casserole dish
Quick easy meal

Have u ever had tater tot casserole, sounds kind of like that but not the cream of mushroom soup in there and plain potatoes instead of tater tots.

NECowboy":1usnkap7 said:
Cross-7":1usnkap7 said:
Put in casserole dish
Quick easy meal

Have u ever had tater tot casserole, sounds kind of like that but not the cream of mushroom soup in there and plain potatoes instead of tater tots.

Yep I can eat my weight in tater tot casserole

Another I cook a lot, especially when I cook out on the grill
Cut up zucchini, squash, red potatoes, smoked sausage, shrimp.
Put in a big Dutch oven or disposable foil pan
Season( my favotite is garlic and black pepper) and cover and cook till veggies are done

Cross-7":evoxb0al said:
Season( my favotite is garlic and black pepper) and cover and cook till veggies are done

Wish I liked veggies better ur eating better than me. Smoked sausage and shrimp and potatoes sound good then ears of corn that's lowcountry boil. Old bay seasoning.

Can't go wrong with a good cut of meat sliced against the grain like fajita strips
Cut chicken breast the same way.
Cut up some peppers of your choice ( I like red and yellow bell peppers, banana peppers, green chilies ) cut up an onion, a little salsa.
Wrap in foil pack avid throw on grill till nearly done.
Open up pack and pour all in big wok and cook till most of the liquid is cooked off
Most not all or it'll be dry
Serve with tortillas, salsa and guacamole

NECowboy":1c9c0rty said:
Cross-7":1c9c0rty said:

Wish I liked veggies better ur eating better than me. Smoked sausage and shrimp and potatoes sound good then ears of corn that's lowcountry boil. Old bay seasoning.

Corn on the cob works too with the other veggies
Serve with a big grilled steak

Cross-7":3ieseegd said:
Can't go wrong with a good cut of meat sliced against the grain like fajita strips
Cut up some peppers of your choice ( I like red and yellow bell peppers, banana peppers, green chilies ) cut up an onion, a little salsa.
Open up pack and pour all in big wok and cook till most of the liquid is cooked off

Hate peppers, squash (unless it's cooked and mashed up with ritz crackers, butter, egg, and cheese aka squash casserole), zucchini, lot of stuff. Can't say I've ever been a veggie fan that's probably what I'm supposed to eat though. More of a meat n taters kind of guy.

NECowboy":1h9nzcr2 said:
Cross-7":1h9nzcr2 said:

Hate peppers, squash (unless it's cooked and mashed up with ritz crackers, butter, egg, and cheese aka squash casserole), zucchini, lot of stuff. Can't say I've ever been a veggie fan that's probably what I'm supposed to eat though. More of a meat n taters kind of guy.
Me too, till they split my chest apart like a wishbone at Thanksgiving and started replacing arteries with a vein they jerked out of my leg...........

greybeard":1moqod3c said:
NECowboy":1moqod3c said:
Cross-7":1moqod3c said:

Me too, till they split my chest apart like a wishbone at Thanksgiving and started replacing arteries with a vein they jerked out of my leg...........

So would you start eating more veggies if you were me I'm a young buck yet but heart issues catch up with ya?