Nascar, what a joke

Help Support CattleToday:

haase

Reaction score
Watched the race today and after the finish couldn't imagine the drivers that made the chase, it has nothing to do with being consistent or having a good year anymore, one win and finish in the top thirty and your in and the other forty drivers still have a say in it. Compared to college football, it would be like Alabama going unbeaten and have a team like Texas have a say in it, hope other motorsports like F-1 never go to this format, its like watching wrestling.

haase":1ylq6s4z said:
Watched the race today and after the finish couldn't imagine the drivers that made the chase, it has nothing to do with being consistent or having a good year anymore, one win and finish in the top thirty and your in and the other forty drivers still have a say in it. Compared to college football, it would be like Alabama going unbeaten and have a team like Texas have a say in it, hope other motorsports like F-1 never go to this format, its like watching wrestling.

You got that right. I couldn't have said it better. I've almost lost all interest in it as a whole. I still like to watch the Daytona 500 and the Talladega races and the Bristol night race but that's about it. Sad what it's become. I know things have to progress or die but it's so far from what it was when it was started.

I watch some now but only really pay attention to certain drivers. Could care less about the championship crap.

NASCAR started this playoff BS because their TV ratings were dropping when the NFL started. I never much liked it. NASCAR should be about consistent performance over a season.

john250":um0see28 said:
NASCAR started this playoff BS because their TV ratings were dropping when the NFL started. I never much liked it. NASCAR should be about consistent performance over a season.
NASCAR has decided that consistency doesn't matter......winning is what is important.

Its just hard to believe that nascar has gotten so far away from its roots,I don't really understand how you can have a playoff system in auto racing when all the other teams are still in the same field until the last race, the last race the 22 car was almost taken out on the first lap by a non contender and coming to get the white flag, a caution came out from another non contender and changed every thing, Just go back to grass roots and oh yea go back and open up North Wilkesboro, were real racing took place instead of all of these mile and a half cookie cutter tracks, same thing every week.

haase":w4opzq9g said:
Its just hard to believe that nascar has gotten so far away from its roots,I don't really understand how you can have a playoff system in auto racing when all the other teams are still in the same field until the last race, the last race the 22 car was almost taken out on the first lap by a non contender and coming to get the white flag, a caution came out from another non contender and changed every thing, Just go back to grass roots and oh yea go back and open up North Wilkesboro, were real racing took place instead of all of these mile and a half cookie cutter tracks, same thing every week.

Yep. Those mile and a 1/2 tracks are beyond boring. As I mentioned earlier, I pretty much only watch it he super speedway and a couple of short track races. I'd like to see it revert to the old ways but it won't. There will probably never be another Cup race at N. Wilkesboro. Bruton Smith will never allow it as long as he is alive. The only thing they've done with the "championship" is assured that there will never be another Petty, Earnhardt, Gordon, Johnson. Bc, as you said, consistency has been taken out of the equation. Imo, it's a dying sport. It's gone too far away from home. They are targeting the city crowds and publicly welcoming queers. Sad.

I agree with you JMG, there are only a few left that are there that made it on talent and not how much money they had backing them or who their name is, when there gone so am I, still enjoy going to the short tracks around the Midwest and watching them.

North Wilkes was one of my really favorite tracks. Unless it's raining here I don;t watch more than about 10 minutes of any race anymore. With Smoke retiring that may be down to 5 minutes a race

Tonight just proved my point, nascar just crowned a champion that at best this season was sub par, atleast there is a sport where you can be a champion and not be that good, hope they don't pick up a sponsor.

haase":35j77kz5 said:
Tonight just proved my point, nascar just crowned a champion that at best this season was sub par, atleast there is a sport where you can be a champion and not be that good, hope they don't pick up a sponsor.
I don't like JJ either but it's not like it's a fluke. It's his 7th championship...and he did win several races this year. Still hate this new format. At least under the old system points did mean something. Now you can win one race and get in the chase...win one more and be in the finals. Then all you have to do is simply finsih ahead of the other 3 finalist.

oh yeah thought he deserved it caution came out with ten to go, he was fourth in points at the time, caution had nothing to do with the chasers like the week before, not really sure why they needed a caution but what the hell, just glad that teams like Harvick and Truex with I think had four wins had no say in it, nascar crowned a true champion :roll:

Well looks like NASCAR is moving even more away from their roots. Rumor is they are thinking of dropping Cup after the title sponsor. I also heard Monster Energy drink is thought to be the leading candidate for the new title sponsor. To me nothing could replace Winston Cup. Nextel, and Sprint just don't sound right.

Latest posts