NASA Satellite Shows Corn Belt Produces 40% More Oxygen Than Amazon Rainforest

Help Support CattleToday:

what about the rest of that us outline pics..red all up the east coast and all up into Canada...what are they growin there

So about 3 months out of the year we have oxygen and the other 9 months SOL....

dieselbeef said:
what about the rest of that us outline pics..red all up the east coast and all up into Canada...what are they growin there
Pine/spruce/fir type (conifer type) trees I would imagine. The eastern part of Texas/West La area is very red and that part is mostly yellow pine. Red shade tho, is indicative of less photosynthesis than the purple areas.

Before man put the plow to the midwest for corn and soybeans and the same for the big wheat fields of Canada, it was a vast native grassland, that also died off (if not covered in snow) in the non-growing seasons. It was the giant bison herd that was exuding all the carbon back then..and were doing so year 'round.

(I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out that we have plenty of 02, we just have too many people. And of course, it's not lost on anyone either, that even tho eating is good (and pretty dang necessary too) , starving people don't need much 02 (or won't for long anyway)

Well i read somewhere that the ocean produces most of the worlds oxygen so when we are all under water (meant to be already) then there will be more ocean which means more oxygen which means we have nothing to worry about.

We won't be doing much worrying (or anything else) anyway under fathoms of water... Humankind will have assumed a different form of decayed matter in the murky depths of seabed mud, so how much oxygen there is (or isn't) won't.....................matter.

greybeard said:
We won't be doing much worrying (or anything else) anyway under fathoms of water... Humankind will have assumed a different form of decayed matter in the murky depths of seabed mud, so how much oxygen there is (or isn't) won't.....................matter.

Not so, i saw a documentary once about these people who had to live in water and grew gills, was called waterworld if i remember right.

Latest posts