corn prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah well, my first fall deliver contract is for $4.25 :cry: That looked like a good place to start last summer when I sold it. At least it's only 500bu. and I didn't sell any more.
Got $7.84 for the last corn out of the bin. That's the highest I've ever got.

Both are good prices. You could always sit on it till it drops back to $4. Haha
My dad's hauled grain his whole life. Can't believe how many clean out full bins in August, watching prices rise and fall, then sell because they have to make room for new crop. Those are the people with inherited money normally, don't have to worry about making bills.

My dad's hauled grain his whole life. Can't believe how many clean out full bins in August, watching prices rise and fall, then sell because they have to make room for new crop. Those are the people with inherited money normally, don't have to worry about making bills.
Know of some folks that earned their money back in the 50,60,70's the hard way feeding cattle. Several years ago they put up another 50k bin because the other one was full and they didn't need to sell any.
I wonder if they're still full?

A lot of guys put their anhydrous and fertilizer on last fall. Those acres are pretty much locked in to corn. I'm 75% soy beans this year. I don't like it, but at the time I had to decide it looked like a better deal.

Latest posts