Hyperbaric oxygen therapy!

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
Has anyone had this treatment? My radiation oncologist is suggesting this to help with my reoccurring radiation dermatitis. I'll try most anything at this point, having my skin blister and sluff off is painful to say the least. Not to mention the infections and biopsies that go with it. 17 months since my last treatment and I just can't shake it. Dr says it's super rare (lucky me) 🤣🤣 . Well see what they say Friday. 🤞

No. But I'd sure be willing to try. I mean, they sewed a freakin' umbilical cord in my leg last year. What have you got to lose by trying oxygen? Mayo has some pretty good info on it. And personally, even if it's not covered by insurance, I think it would be worth it. Super rare? Makes sense because you're one in a million!;)

No. But I'd sure be willing to try. I mean, they sewed a freakin' umbilical cord in my leg last year. What have you got to lose by trying oxygen? Mayo has some pretty good info on it. And personally, even if it's not covered by insurance, I think it would be worth it. Super rare? Makes sense because you're one in a million!;)
Did they just happen to have an umbilical cord laying around or did you have them wait for your calving season??🤣🤣🤣

The treatment is supposedly 6-8 months 5 days a week. No way I could do it in Seattle but there just might be one close by. I did the concrete there 20 years ago. I'll find out more Friday.

Yes I have had it, about two years ago. I had cancer it my neck about 20 years ago had radition all around my neck, upper chest and jaw. Two i needed a tooth pulled and the would not do it until I had the treatment, it's supposed to open up all your veins and arteries and help with healing.

It does help with difficult healing areas, we use it (infrequently thankfully) for patients with long-term healing difficulties after radiation.
Thanks for the hope. I'm hoping I can make it work, my wife has killer insurance with her transit job, I'll just have to see about the schedule.

Did they just happen to have an umbilical cord laying around or did you have them wait for your calving season??🤣🤣🤣
Mechanical debridement with umbilical allograft. Da hell? It was at the start of calving and I told the surgeon, had I known, I would have brought an umbilical cord from the ranch & saved a ton of money. He didn't think it was as funny as I did, but he (presumably) wasn't jacked up on morphine.:unsure:😅

Mechanical debridement with umbilical allograft. Da hell? It was at the start of calving and I told the surgeon, had I known, I would have brought an umbilical cord from the ranch & saved a ton of money. He didn't think it was as funny as I did, but he (presumably) wasn't jacked up on morphine.:unsure:😅
You and Jerry got a contest going on to see who can spend the most time in the Dr.'s office or what?😲

Mechanical debridement with umbilical allograft. What the hell is that?

You and Jerry got a contest going on to see who can spend the most time in the Dr.'s office or what?😲
Also known as surgical debridement.

I was loading 7 wt. steers, had 5 in the trap, and they started getting a little feisty. I jumped up on a panel but still got slammed and ended up with a bruise the size of Dallas. It happens, walk it off. Except a few weeks later, it freakin' opened up. WTH??? I just slapped on some Neosporin and refused to go to the Dr; figured it'd eventually heal. Except it didn't and by the time he essentially forced me to go in, the necrotic tissue was so bad penicillin worthless, and I was actually in danger of losing my leg. So now I have one dandy scar that's perpetually numb and he's earned the right to say "I told you so!".

Did it help?
I'm sure it did they went ahead and pulled the teeth and I healed up just fine, He was afraid the bone would die after he was done, if it did I would have been in a world of trouble. The teeth were in my upper jaw, if it didn't work there would have been no end to the surgeries. Its the same thing as diving down like 35 feet, they pump that chamber full of pure oxygen till you are under that much pressure. Its no big deal just a hour out of your day every day gets old just laying in there.

Well I'm 21 treatments into it and honestly my skin is improving. I started to notice around treatment 14 or so. I have 19 more at least to go. Others in the chamber are getting heeled for their cancer related problems too. It's almost like a support group, talking and relating with each other's journey thus far. It's about $1700 per treatment, I did 11 in the last 15 days. Super great team of Dr's and nurses at Virginia Mason Seattle!! But what a pain in the butt getting there!
NO PUN INTENDED!!🤣🤣

Well I'm 21 treatments into it and honestly my skin is improving. I started to notice around treatment 14 or so. I have 19 more at least to go. Others in the chamber are getting heeled for their cancer related problems too. It's almost like a support group, talking and relating with each other's journey thus far. It's about $1700 per treatment, I did 11 in the last 15 days. Super great team of Dr's and nurses at Virginia Mason Seattle!! But what a pain in the butt getting there!
NO PUN INTENDED!!🤣🤣
Great news!!!! And worth the $$$$.

NO PUN INTENDED!!🤣🤣
I think you are making the best of the trip there though. Does your health insurance cover the cost of treatment? Results sound good thus far.

Ken

I think you are making the best of the trip there though. Does your health insurance cover the cost of treatment? Results sound good thus far.

Ken
When my wife got trampled by the cow she decided she wanted better insurance than our self employed high deductible crap $1200/month 10 years ago. I only met my deductible twice in 20 years (skin cancer).

She now has a great job with a local transit agency and insurance comes with it. $58/ month covers everything

Latest posts