My truck is stuck in the mud any ideas how to get it out?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
:eek: I was going to load barbed wire in the back of the truck... then I realized I was sliding down the hill! The ford is not in deep mud it is on slippery mud, and we do not have any kind of truck to pull it out! Also, the ford is at an vertical angle, facing up hill, with its back bumper almost touching the fence line! ****ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO DRIVE IT OUT OF THE MUD???? :eek: **** or do I have to wait till' june when the hot summer comes?

Judging by your username, I don't think you should have any problems convincing a neighbor with a suitable truck/tractor to help you! ;-)

cfpinz

I'd say cfpinz is probably right on the money.
Drove past a lot of guys on the interstate with flat tires - have yet to pass a woman in distress (even the really ugly ones).

Bullbuyer":1uocwt0z said:
Drove past a lot of guys on the interstate with flat tires - have yet to pass a woman in distress.

Brings back memories of the intro to the "Dukes of Hazard" when Daisy is stuck in the ditch. Now, how could you leave a poor girl like that stuck in the ditch. :roll:

cfpinz":3hucpz4b said:
Judging by your username, I don't think you should have any problems convincing a neighbor with a suitable truck/tractor to help you! ;-)

cfpinz

Can't always tell a person by their user name.

Could be a hairy legged fellow on the other end of that computer :) :) :)

Get some tire chains. One time years Ago, I just tied Rope
through the spokes Got me out and lasted about 4mi.
Sometimes ya put your head down and just get it done.

Just show some leg there sweetthang :lol:

Not much chance of getting your self out of there without a winch or something. I used to have a uncle that made some plates to mount to the rear lug bolts that he would tie a rope to. He would then put it in reverse or forward depending on which way he needed to go to pull himself out. Not very safe but I saw him use it several times with success.

Lower the Tire pressure alot! It might crawl out don't try to spin just crawl.

Jovid":10em71mt said:
cfpinz":10em71mt said:

cfpinz

Can't always tell a person by their user name.

Could be a hairy legged fellow on the other end of that computer :) :) :)

Jovid - You have a very valid point. Alright, cowgirl, how about a picture to clear this up? 8)

You fellas are gonna wish you'd left this thread alone ! That picture is gonna pop up and it's gonna be one of Crowder and Warpaint's Home Raised Heifers and you're gonna wish you'd never asked.
Consider yourself warned !! (LOL)

cowgirl_the_sweetthang":2u5qve7y said:
:eek: I was going to load barbed wire in the back of the truck... then I realized I was sliding down the hill! The ford is not in deep mud it is on slippery mud, and we do not have any kind of truck to pull it out! Also, the ford is at an vertical angle, facing up hill, with its back bumper almost touching the fence line! ****ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO DRIVE IT OUT OF THE MUD???? :eek: **** or do I have to wait till' june when the hot summer comes?
Cowgirl,
Do you have a tractor?

That's enough talk boys(lol) Sorry, am not going to post a picture** to many freaks on the web** not safe**
Thanks for your guys help, I do not have a tractor, the truck is not 4WD..

Lower the Tire pressure alot! It might crawl out don't try to spin just crawl.
**************Thanks RAWCJW**********
Get some tire chains. One time years Ago, I just tied Rope
through the spokes Got me out and lasted about 4mi.
Sometimes ya put your head down and just get it done.
*************Thanks skyeagle******************
Tractor and a long chain, or maybe a come-a-long and chain tied to a tree.
********Thanks TXBobcat********
Not much chance of getting your self out of there without a winch or something. I used to have a uncle that made some plates to mount to the rear lug bolts that he would tie a rope to. He would then put it in reverse or forward depending on which way he needed to go to pull himself out. Not very safe but I saw him use it several times with success.
*******Thanks flaboy-******
Any more Ideas!

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":2oaithwy said:
Cut the fence and go the other way. ;-) :cboy: :)

And common sense wins!! ....excellent idea SFMG!

dun":89yo7hq0 said:
cowgirl_the_sweetthang":89yo7hq0 said:
Any more Ideas!

Call a wrecker

dun

Neighbour first - then a wrecker. Then stay out of the mud or buy a 4X4 - even they will get stuck - so be careful.

Bez!

Well,You should just wait till June like you said when it dries up and then pull it out. In the meantime go ahead and take some water down there and wash it so it will be clean and shiny when you pull it out.

Latest posts