my steer... opinions??

Help Support CattleToday:

Cowboy 2.0":2vyb1iad said:
Alice":2vyb1iad said:
queenielauren14":2vyb1iad said:
Im glad, im finally gettin a positive response from some people. cul8r- I as in ME doesnt slaughter.. my school does, and my school steers, i help raise, break in, feed, and then show, but then we have no choice they are then sent to slaughter by the school. NOT ME. my personal steer whom i own not them, will never be slaughtered. Or killed, or put down if i can avoid it. Uhm. so yeah. Well.. start my school slaughter steer in a week.. the worst part is tho, that we cant evn buy them so as to save their slaughter. They are only purchasable, dead. :(
Anyways...

Then you, queenie, obviously have the maturity that another poster had called into question. You still work and care for a steer that you know will go to the packer. You sound pretty well grounded to me. Good for you!

Alice

I work and care for my steers and I know they go to slaughter. What are you trying to say? It makes it all good when that check comes in.

It means you have absolutely no idea what's being discussed I have neither the time nor patience to fill you in on it.

Alice

Alice":1ugu952v said:
Cowboy 2.0":1ugu952v said:
Alice":1ugu952v said:
queenielauren14":1ugu952v said:
Im glad, im finally gettin a positive response from some people. cul8r- I as in ME doesnt slaughter.. my school does, and my school steers, i help raise, break in, feed, and then show, but then we have no choice they are then sent to slaughter by the school. NOT ME. my personal steer whom i own not them, will never be slaughtered. Or killed, or put down if i can avoid it. Uhm. so yeah. Well.. start my school slaughter steer in a week.. the worst part is tho, that we cant evn buy them so as to save their slaughter. They are only purchasable, dead. :(
Anyways...

Then you, queenie, obviously have the maturity that another poster had called into question. You still work and care for a steer that you know will go to the packer. You sound pretty well grounded to me. Good for you!

Alice

I work and care for my steers and I know they go to slaughter. What are you trying to say? It makes it all good when that check comes in.

It means you have absolutely no idea what's being discussed I have neither the time nor patience to fill you in on it.

Alice

I know what she's talking about, riding steers which has got to be about the dumbest thing I've ever seen and heard of.

Cowboy 2.0":1p07jqxq said:
Alice":1p07jqxq said:
Cowboy 2.0":1p07jqxq said:
Alice":1p07jqxq said:
queenielauren14":1p07jqxq said:
Anyways...

Alice

Alice

I know what she's talking about, riding steers which has got to be about the dumbest thing I've ever seen and heard of.

You've missed the whole point...

So, riding steers is dumb to you. Just where have you gotten the idea that your thoughts on riding steers is the only one that counts?

Ah, never mind...read my signature.

Alice

I didn't say maine was the only one, thats just what I think. I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Cowboy 2.0":3iwhhzkd said:
I didn't say maine was the only one, thats just what I think. I'm entitled to my own opinion.

As is queenie entitled to her's...without it being called dumb, stupid, or anything else.

Alice

Alice":2pmzq9p4 said:
Cowboy 2.0":2pmzq9p4 said:

As is queenie entitled to her's...without it being called dumb, stupid, or anything else.

Alice

I didn't call her dumd, I just said riding steers was.

LoL Cowboy that was Great!!:clap: Honestly i'm gunna have to agree with Cowboy..its a lil different if you ask me..

"Hey Shelia's(SP) lets go ride some steers"...LoL :lol:

Cowboy 2.0":t2n0zhbt said:
Alice":t2n0zhbt said:
Cowboy 2.0":t2n0zhbt said:

Alice

I didn't call her dumd, I just said riding steers was.

I never said you called her dumb...reread what I said. Notice the word that I've now bolded in there.

Now shoo!

Alice

-bcc":3h5rrup1 said:
LoL Cowboy that was Great!!:clap: Honestly i'm gunna have to agree with Cowboy..its a lil different if you ask me..

"Hey Shelia's(SP) lets go ride some steers"...LoL :lol:

This comment isn't even worthy of a response...you and that cowboy 11, 12, 13, whatever his number of the day...again, nevermind. It's not worth the effort...

Alice

showkid1200":2vlb6sq0 said:
THERE IS ROOM FOR ALL OF GOD'S CREATURES RIGHT NEXT TO MY MASHED POTATOES

I haven't been following this post real closly, but queenie, if you chose not to eat meat, but show steers, thats your prerogative ! :D Go for it. Whatever makes you happy ;-)

Showkid....that's really funny, will have to tell the PETA ppl that at fair this year!!1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Britani~ 8)

P.S....Alice...nice signature ;-) :lol: ;-) :p :p

Colorado2008":i407c6gy said:
Showkid....that's really funny, will have to tell the PETA ppl that at fair this year!!1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do it after he shows. Otherwise he might have a steer dyed unintentionally with paint. :lol:

Jay

Steers are for slaughter. cuz u cant use em for breedin anymore of corse!
u cant do anything else with em...but eat em!! i have a steer and i know hes prolly gonna get slaughtered but thats what God put em here for! i love my steer but thats just whats gonna happen to him. ive slaughtered my own rabbit before...thats what God put them here for!
i think He put horses here for riddin..not eatin cattle are for eatin...not riddin, i think its dumb (ridding steers)

i agree if u dont like it then
1. show bulls, heifers
2.or dont show at all

they're called beef cattle cuz u eat em

I'm entitled to my own opinion.

cowgirl13":2a3d534y said:
u cant do anything else with em...but eat em!! i have a steer and i know hes prolly gonna get slaughtered but thats what God put em here for! i love my steer but thats just whats gonna happen to him. ive slaughtered my own rabbit before...thats what God put them here for!
i think He put horses here for riddin..not eatin cattle are for eatin...not riddin, i think its dumb (ridding steers)

1. show bulls, heifers
2.or dont show at all

A - my steer is a dairy one, therefore he need not be slaughtered as he does not fit under the 'beef cattle' classification, although he has beef he is not technically a 'beef breed' so does this make him ineligible for slaughter seein as beef animals are slaughtered because they named so? My steer.. will not be slaughtered
B - as previously discussed, steers are not born they are made so by humans, the human castrates the animal in most cases.
C- In a future post you mentioned that you hated the rabbits, so therefore i doubt you had any difficulties in its slaughter not to mention, the fact that such an animal does not have the intellectualness.... or whatever you would get in a steer.. i agree rabbits really serve no purpose as they cannot be ridden.. they really are good mostly for pets and skin and meat. However should someone come up with another use for them, i would not tell them i thought of it of dumb, or pointless or stupid or any other of the comments ive recieved on my steers capability as anything other then a slaughter animal.
D - How do you know wht gods purposes for these animals were? How do you know he didnt intend for cattle to superior species but then invented animals above it? How do you know any of what he thought? How do you know, he didnt want all the animals to be bred? How can you thses things unless you are god?
E - Now, sure you may agree with many others that if im against the slaughter of steers i shoudl stop showing them. But what is the purpose of that? I miss out on working with them, it makes no difference to the beef world in the way of slaughter whether i show them or not, i choose steers over heifers cows n bulls, because i LIKE them more then the others. for reasons ive previously explained, now.. while your suggestions are pleasing why is it im not allowed the choice to do my own thing? Why can i not have that priveledge to choose to do wht I want to do, as in me, not the rest of you who are just tossin it around like its some sort of joke, its not a joke to me. Why cant yall understand that, ive noticed one in few have, but as for the rest of you, is it so hard to do? I completely understand why you prefer to slaughter and im not saying you cant or that you should ride them instead, im saying im against doing it. And i know of another thing you could do with them. But yall carry on as though im TELLING you what to do with your animals.. its just.. not nice.
Please just try and understand. Understand why i think these things, then if you dont change your thoughts, fine. Im not askin or expecting you to. But is it really necessary to try and butcher it from my mind too?

queenielauren14":1madc89u said:
cowgirl13":1madc89u said:

1. show bulls, heifers
2.or dont show at all

A - my steer is a dairy one, therefore he need not be slaughtered as he does not fit under the 'beef cattle' classification, therefore, although he has beef he cannot be slaughtered.
B - as previously discussed, steers are not born they are made so by humans, the human castrates the animal in most cases.
C- In a future post you mentioned that you hated the rabbits, so therefore i doubt you had any difficulties in its slaughter not to mention, the fact that such an animal does not have the intellectualness.... or whatever you would get in a steer.. i agree rabbits really serve no purpose as they cannot be ridden.. they really are good mostly for pets and skin and meat. However should someone come up with another use for them, i would not tell them i thought of it of dumb, or pointless or stupid or any other of the comments ive recieved on my steers capability as anything other then a slaughter animal.
D - How do you know wht gods purposes for these animals were? How do you know he didnt intend for cattle to superior species but then invented animals above it? How do you know any of what he thought? How do you know, he didnt want all the animals to be bred? How can you thses things unless you are god?
E - Now, sure you may agree with many others that if im against the slaughter of steers i shoudl stop showing them. But what is the purpose of that? I miss out on working with them, it makes no difference to the beef world in the way of slaughter whether i show them or not, i choose steers over heifers cows n bulls, because i LIKE them more then the others. for reasons ive previously explained, now.. while your suggestions are pleasing why is it im not allowed the choice to do my own thing? Why can i not have that priveledge to choose to do wht I want to do, as in me, not the rest of you who are just tossin it around like its some sort of joke, its not a joke to me. Why cant yall understand that, ive noticed one in few have, but as for the rest of you, is it so hard to do? I completely understand why you prefer to slaughter and im not saying you cant or that you should ride them instead, im saying im against doing it. And i know of another thing you could do with them. But yall carry on as though im TELLING you what to do with your animals.. its just.. not nice.
Please just try and understand. Understand why i think these things, then if you dont change your thoughts, fine. Im not askin or expecting you to. But is it really necessary to try and butcher it from my mind too?

Queenie, the more you argue your point and try to get acceptance, the more it looks like you don't accept others rights to raise cattle(dairy or beef) for eating. As long as you are not hurting someone else you can pretty much do what you want, and you don't need others acceptance or approval.

:clap:
Queenie, the more you argue your point and try to get acceptance, the more it looks like you don't accept others rights to raise cattle(dairy or beef) for eating. As long as you are not hurting someone else you can pretty much do what you want, and you don't need others acceptance or approval.

Chris H":34a0z35i said:

Ditto

She raises pets

Most raise food

Both make the world a better place.

Arguing about if a species is food or pet doesnt.

Latest posts