my steer... opinions??

Help Support CattleToday:

L557.jpg

S557.jpg

C557.jpg

Hmm. i dunno.. i dont know how to explain it properly... i do participate in the lead up to the slaughter, in the training of the animals and i adore showing and working with them, but i dont like that after all that, they just get slaughtered.. i dont think it is right.. ok, yes ill show you pics of my precious baby, Schitz aka Will the murray grey. he was slaughtered on his 1st birthday, now because i ahev the pics and i particpate in the breaking and showing doesnt mean i approve of the slaughter, and where else would be better to find people who agree with me, who also love to work the animals but dont like the slaughter, if you go to a steer show fro school students, most of them cry.. its a horrible and upsetting thing.. i dont think its the right thing to do, steers should not be slaughtered.. they have other uses so why give them such a horrible fate as the pictures above? Why?
Lauren

queenielauren14":2lohlf2c said:

Hmm. i dunno.. i dont know how to explain it properly... i do participate in the lead up to the slaughter, in the training of the animals and i adore showing and working with them, but i dont like that after all that, they just get slaughtered.. i dont think it is right.. ok, yes ill show you pics of my precious baby, Schitz aka Will the murray grey. he was slaughtered on his 1st birthday, now because i ahev the pics and i particpate in the breaking and showing doesnt mean i approve of the slaughter, and where else would be better to find people who agree with me, who also love to work the animals but dont like the slaughter, if you go to a steer show fro school students, most of them cry.. its a horrible and upsetting thing.. i dont think its the right thing to do, steers should not be slaughtered.. they have other uses so why give them such a horrible fate as the pictures above? Why?
Lauren[/quote]

What other uses can you give us for steers? Riding them is only a novelty, not a practical use for the thousands of steers raised every year.

If you don't think it's the right thing to do, why do you continue to participate? Again, do you think anyone can take your objections seriously when you continue to participate in the program?

Lauren-
You really need to show breeding heifers or bulls instead of steers. A steer's purpose is to be eaten. End of story.

Frankie":5ocjtmq0 said:
... for the thousands of steers born every year.

how do you get them to be born already steers? 8) ;-) :lol:

Ryan":111qoj83 said:
Frankie":111qoj83 said:

Oops. Would you believe it's a trick only us Angus people know? :lol: Ok, ok, I'll fix it.

Frankie":2xfu32xb said:
Ryan":2xfu32xb said:
Frankie":2xfu32xb said:

Oops. Would you believe it's a trick only us Angus people know? :lol: Ok, ok, I'll fix it.

I would believe that. You Angus breeders sure are amazing at this cattle business ;-)

Ryan":2lnxe459 said:
Frankie":2lnxe459 said:
Ryan":2lnxe459 said:
Frankie":2lnxe459 said:

I would believe that. You Angus breeders sure are amazing at this cattle business ;-)

Now, Ryan, I know you're a youngster, but you're smarter than that. :)

Frankie":2ir4z3mu said:
Ryan":2ir4z3mu said:
Ryan":2ir4z3mu said:

Now, Ryan, I know you're a youngster, but you're smarter than that. :)

I know, I know.. I am pretty dang smart :lol: j/k

A couple of years ago at a show the judge asked all the kids in showmanship "How many steers are born in the U.S. every year?" Well out of ~25 - 30 kids I think like 4 got the question right. He said he was pretty amazed at some of the answers he got. When I saw what you wrote it made me think of that. Still makes me laugh every once in awhile.

Quick question for you, Queenie.

When a Lion kills a Zebra...does he take a moment to second guess himself as to how humane it is for him to be eating it?

jaydill":2jz3l3pu said:

When a Lion kills a Zebra...does he take a moment to second guess himself as to how humane it is for him to be eating it?

Jaydill,
I think your signature at the bottom of your posts works well for this topic.

Ryan

Ryan":1zuwbusu said:
jaydill":1zuwbusu said:

Jaydill,
I think your signature at the bottom of your posts works well for this topic.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan. :) I agree.

Ok, so, when a lion blah blah blah, a lion is an animal. You people are not, however you seem to think its ok to think like that? Just because an animal doesnt think about what it eats.. does that make it just fine for you? As far as i know, animals wont put themselves on diets, or excercize for their general well being, does this mean you have to stop too? Just because i dont eat beef, doesnt make me all that different from the rest of you.
I like the animals, and doint fancy eating them. Yes, i always try my best to get in stud cattle too, we have a maine anjou stud, and we have only one show a year they can go to. Our cow calved too late this year and so we couldnt enter her, so thts it for them this year. Nothing. Alli have is steers.. we only do about 2 steer shows each year. Until i won my own stud, steers are almost all i have. And personally, theyre much better temperament wise then most bulls, cows n heifers. Anyways..
Lauren

of course there better temperment they don't have any testosterone. So there for they don't really get tempermental. And i do kinda agree with everyone else THERE IS ROOM FOR ALL OF GOD'S CREATURES RIGHT NEXT TO MY MASHED POTATOES

Ryan":2j75hhzs said:
Frankie":2j75hhzs said:
Ryan":2j75hhzs said:
Frankie":2j75hhzs said:

atleast they "think" they are :roll: :lol:

See i have liked all of my steers except for 3 and i was glad to see those 3 gone. but the rest i was sad to see go but i got a new one next year to replace him so it was all good. But like i think it was CB13 as long as they taste good well i don't really think about it.

Why did God put cattleon the earth if we are not to eat them? Why must people want to eat along side them? and prolly on the same stuff grown from there poo??

queenielauren14":1v46jwep said:
why did god put horses on earth if not to eat them? whaat difference does it make?
Lauren

People eat horses, not here in the US, but in Europe horsemeat is eaten. In some Oriental countries they also eat dogs and cats. Just because you don't eat them doesn't mean they're not meat.

I'd suggest you grow up. Everything that lives dies. You, me, your mom, your dad, my child, your steer, we'll all die sooner or later. The steers that you're training to ride will someday be slaughtered for their meat. If people don't eat beef, your steers won't be born. Would that be better for them, to never have been born at all?

Your right, things are going to die oneday, so hey lets go kill them all now while they are young, yes i know people kill and eat horses and rats and dogs and cats and wht not in other countries. And dont the hindus or people in india worship cattle? Yea my baby steer will DIE one day, but he will never be slaughtered, EVER, no animal that is my own will ever be slaughtered. My steer is of the dairy breed, so whether or not their is beef, he will be born so long as there is milk and bulls needed. And what point is there in living anyway, if you only have 12months to do it before some person kills and eats you!?

Latest posts