My Next Project

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
Went over to the scrap yard this morning and was looking around and came across this loader frame. It is 6' x 24" and has 2 large prong holes on top and 2 small ones on bottom. my plans are to make this my fork lift frame and eventually add a grapple to the top. 280lbs @.45 # I cant buy the steel and build it at that price.

Gberry- emfinger steel in Dothan has all of the forklift forks you could want for 75.00 a fork

I know. I got that much in the one I built last weekend. I went back over there again today and I am completely blow away at what people are scraping these days. Good useable equipment, there is a 9ft lift disc and everything is straight on top of a scrap pile. Loader buckets galore and 4' to 8' box blades that could be repaired for just a few bucks. Cultivators, planters you name it its been scrapped.

Sounds like someone could do well in the used equipment business

If that stuff was in west Texas the Mennonites from Mexico will buy every bit of it

Shanghai":15pms41d said:

If that stuff was in west Texas the Mennonites from Mexico will buy every bit of it
There's Mexican Mennonites?

HDRider":1outwwsh said:
Shanghai":1outwwsh said:

There's Mexican Mennonites?

German descent mostly
Blonde haired and blue eyed
There is large community in Seminole TX
They come up from Mexico and make the auctions and use Seminole as a staging point to send truckloads to Mexico

I saw 3 junk men while I was there and gave them my card. I told them I would buy the old farm equipment for 25 cent a lb if it usable. The one guy told me he sold a hyster forklift last week that ran for 200 bucks.

M5farm":1s3a73t3 said:
Went over to the scrap yard this morning and was looking around and came across this loader frame. It is 6' x 24" and has 2 large prong holes on top and 2 small ones on bottom. my plans are to make this my fork lift frame and eventually add a grapple to the top. 280lbs @.45 # I cant buy the steel and build it at that price.

Gberry- emfinger steel in Dothan has all of the forklift forks you could want for 75.00 a fork

Thanks. I'm a little behind, but I'm gonna check on them.

Latest posts