my house attracts yellow jackets and ladybugs

Help Support CattleToday:

pdubdo

Reaction score
My house currently has maybe 500 wasps just walking all over the siding of my house. Same with about 1000 ladybugs! I've got dead ladybugs and wasps on every windowsill in my house as some of them trickle inside through ? cracks and holes somewhere. Anyone have any ideas for repellant? why this happens? I'm in southern Oklahoma and keep my house around 65 deg. I don't know if it's my white siding? Temperature of the exterior walls? Some other weird attraction??...I will entertain any and all suggestions for deterring them-thanks!

ps: Last couple springs I bet the ladybug plague gets up to the 10,000s. Didn't know ladybugs stink!

pdubdo said:
My house currently has maybe 500 wasps just walking all over the siding of my house. Same with about 1000 ladybugs! I've got dead ladybugs and wasps on every windowsill in my house as some of them trickle inside through ? cracks and holes somewhere. Anyone have any ideas for repellant? why this happens? I'm in southern Oklahoma and keep my house around 65 deg. I don't know if it's my white siding? Temperature of the exterior walls? Some other weird attraction??...I will entertain any and all suggestions for deterring them-thanks!

ps: Last couple springs I bet the ladybug plague gets up to the 10,000s. Didn't know ladybugs stink!

Sounds more like Asian beetles that look similar to lady bugs.

I started treating my house with LamdaStar UltraCap two years ago and it works really well here. I spray it late summer/early fall and I have to take a push broom and sweep off all the dead stinkbugs and Asian beetles (lady bug looking things). It kills cluster flies too. Actually, I find about everything dead.

Demon WP and/or Tempo both are excellent insecticides with a long lasting residual. Both are pretty much odorless.

chaded said:
I started treating my house with LamdaStar UltraCap two years ago and it works really well here. I spray it late summer/early fall and I have to take a push broom and sweep off all the dead stinkbugs and Asian beetles (lady bug looking things). It kills cluster flies too. Actually, I find about everything dead.

I should clarify that I have to sweep them off the porch, not the house.

We are bomb-barded with cluster flies and ladybugs (Asian beetles? didn't know that - yes, I didn't know they stunk either).
In are area, we need to spray the house end of August for the cluster flies.

thanks for the replies. I was looking closer and there is at least one wasp nest in the vents from the laundry room that lead outside. I bet they can sense the warmer air. Pretty sure they have also blocked the vent for our propane water heater :( Gonna have to put mesh screen over everything!

pdubdo said:
thanks for the replies. I was looking closer and there is at least one wasp nest in the vents from the laundry room that lead outside. I bet they can sense the warmer air. Pretty sure they have also blocked the vent for our propane water heater :( Gonna have to put mesh screen over everything!

That blocked propane vent is no small concern. It needs to be cleared immediately. Carbon MOnoxide poisoning is a real threat.

Latest posts