Fence Project with Tornado Wire

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm pretty sure that mine is a Priefert and came from Rural King. I've had it for 10 years or better. You can pull it by hand, or it has a hitch that slides up the handle to pull with a quad/utv.

It takes us longer to cut and clear the trees and vegetation out of the way than it takes to build the fence.That's to much work for a wore out old man and his wife. I don't even like getting off the 4 wheeler with the roll of barbed wire to go around the few tree's I left. How many rattlesnakes do you see in a year?

callmefence":3jeo8igr said:
https://youtu.be/071w9Ypaxx0
I cleared out a wider area than that. Not by much, but I didn't have any problem walking down by the already hung wires.

Thinking back I guess it was 2006-2007 timeframe I built that fence, not '08-09.
Early the next year, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on logging and clearing the place, and put in logging the contract that if they dropped anything on the east/west fence on the North side, they could just load their equipment and move on out the same day. I guess the Lord felt sorry for an old fool, because when Hurricane Ike came thru Sept 08, it dropped trees on every fence out here but not a one on that North side East to West fence.

Bright Raven":bm63msnp said:
Bigfoot":bm63msnp said:
Put your t post closer together. I used to go 12'. I've switched to 10''. You (or me) probably don't have the ability to pull wire as tight as fence man does.

I know I don't. Luke and I talked about that. Those guys stretch it on a whole nother plateau. Ok. I should put the closer. Also need to know what stays are.

Stays are twisted sections of wire that go perpendicular and across your fence strands to prevent them from tangling.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/8 ... zNEALw_wcB

They make wire adapters that hook to a come along, you can stretch them a lot tighter that way vs just a standard stretcher.

On those twisted stays..some of them almost float down on their own with just a little pressure..other times, you have to twist and push. Be careful not to push too hard, you can distort the straight lines of the stretched fence wire. They seem to work better, if all the wires are evenly spaced top to bottom.

Making progress. Got all 5 strands up on the east end.

2qs9c37.jpg

callmefence":zwtk49wq said:
Good looking work.

Thanks Andy. I stretched it with a comealong and tied it off with the goldenrod. Not as tight as you and Farm, but pretty tight.

Farm Fence Solutions":kky7ynwl said:
Looking good. You'll have neighbors trying to hire you in no time.
I may have asked this before...
Are you the same as Fence Solutions whose products I see in TSC and Atwoods?

Craig Miller":1i4zo1ed said:
Fine looking fence Ron. Don't get too hot out there. Do you have your life alert on?

Is that a fencing tool I need?

No. I carry my cell phone but carrier pigeon is more reliable out here. Especially down in that particular holler.

If I had even slight narrowing of a coronary artery, I think it would have revealed itself. Because I still push myself in some very hot humid weather. One thing I notice as I get older, you can still work hard but you feel it more that evening.

"If I had even slight narrowing of a coronary artery, I think it would have revealed itself"
Oh it will, believe me..but probably not like the ones you see on TV and in the movies...you'll likely feel 'out of sorts' one day, eventually go to the doc, he'll run some tests and come back and ask you when you had your heart attack(s)

Latest posts