My new heifer bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

i-5nz8vD8-Th.jpg

KNERSIE":3rl5izgz said:
he has got decent bone for a heifer bull.

His first calf crop is on the ground and the birthweights are all in the 70's and 80's. 30 months old, plus or minus 60 inches at the hip. He looks good on pasture and mineral because the Hereford went through the fence and bred most of the commercial cows. hahaha
WP_20150319_11_40_24_Pro.jpg

WP_20150319_11_40_49_Pro.jpg

cowgirl8":1z5angy4 said:
Nice bull......How old are your heifers when you breed them and will this young bull be put on them before proving he wont throw large calves?
You got to remember there are 2 sides to genetics. A good cattleman should be able to buy a bull by looking at him and use him on whatever they are buying them for with no issues. I have never in my life bought a bull for heifers and used them on cows first, how do u know its the bull throwing the big calf???

JWBrahman":1m8e8360 said:
KNERSIE":1m8e8360 said:

His first calf crop is on the ground and the birthweights are all in the 70's and 80's. 30 months old, plus or minus 60 inches at the hip. He looks good on pasture and mineral because the Hereford went through the fence and bred most of the commercial cows. hahaha

JW is that rascal yours?? Wanna sell him?? That is a BULL !!

Backbone Ranch":1apd90pq said:
Here's another pic broadside.
I really like this photo of him; he has great capacity, a good back end, and a decent crest on him. How old is he?

He was born 2/7/14. B&G

Thanks everyone for the kind words. BTW, I did know what I was looking for when I bought this Lad. He's going on a batch of mainly strong Angus heifers with big CE numbers smaller BW numbers. Although with him and the Acc.#'s I'm not sure I would be scared anyway. B&G

He's a good looking bull! Hope he sticks around for a long time for you. His CE is high enough that even if he proves to be 10% worse he'd still be calving ease and if he slid 30%(unlikely) he still wouldn't be a cow killer by any stretch of the imagination so I'd use him on heifers and never look back.

Thought I commented on this yesterday, but I don't see it. That is a nice looking bull. I'd be proud to own him.

TexasBred":7q2avt2d said:
JWBrahman":7q2avt2d said:
KNERSIE":7q2avt2d said:

JW is that rascal yours?? Wanna sell him?? That is a BULL !!

He belongs to my younger cousin. He used him on the ABC cows with no problems. As a matter of fact he was asking me if anybody wanted to buy him a few months ago when he was feeding him. haha

Nice bull, B&G. We used an unproven polled Hereford last year with lbw & high CE numbers and had no problems so far.

Management is probably just as or more important than the EPD's when calving heifers.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm really liking him a lot so far. He's just as easy going. I can walk right up to him already and scratch him on the tail head. I'll try and get some pics of him out with the 15 heifers that he's going to breed. Planning on turning him out around April 15th. :tiphat: B&G

I like him a lot!! Confidence sons are all over the place and bringing some darn good prices.

Are you planning on retaining any heifer calves out of him? If so, I will say I've seen a few young females sired by Confidence, and he definitely will give you a moderate/smaller frame cow. Sorry, probably a predictable and maybe useless piece of info, but I was just curious. :2cents:

torogmc81":3rw6j3ws said:
I like him a lot!! Confidence sons are all over the place and bringing some darn good prices.

Are you planning on retaining any heifer calves out of him? If so, I will say I've seen a few young females sired by Confidence, and he definitely will give you a moderate/smaller frame cow. Sorry, probably a predictable and maybe useless piece of info, but I was just curious. :2cents:

Yeah, I planning keeping some of the best ones for replacments. B&G

Latest posts