My new heifer bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

You should be able tosleep thru calving season. Nie bull. He's got all the right parts in all the right places.

Nice bull......How old are your heifers when you breed them and will this young bull be put on them before proving he wont throw large calves?

cowgirl8":t4a4945g said:
Nice bull......How old are your heifers when you breed them and will this young bull be put on them before proving he wont throw large calves?
What a moronic question I ever read, cowgirl8.....

Nice balancer bull! I've heard lot of good things about them being great calving ease bulls.

Deepsouth":ab640vzo said:
I like him. I've got to get me one before fall.

I'd like to see a picture of him from the front.
This is the only pic I have of the front not a good pic. But, he's the one on the right. B&G

Here he's the one on left.

Here's another pic broadside.

cowgirl8":3jlufgyp said:
13 to 16 months. :nod: I sure didn't buy this bull to trial on cows then use on heifers. By then he would be possibly to big to use. That would be like wiping with a wagon wheel. He has Great calving numbers. CE 16 BW -1.7 CEM 13 B&G

Muddy":1y90hwns said:
cowgirl8":1y90hwns said:

Nice balancer bull! I've heard lot of good things about them being great calving ease bulls.

Not all Balancers are calving ease bulls. However the ones with a negative BW epd and a 16 for calving ease usually are. BTW you are dead on with the moronic question observation.

3waycross":31kl6glo said:
Muddy":31kl6glo said:
cowgirl8":31kl6glo said:

Not all Balancers are calving ease bulls. However the ones with a negative BW epd and a 16 for calving ease usually are. BTW you are dead on with the moronic question observation.

Well, according....
wacocowboy":31kl6glo said:
I never like to go with an unproven bull on first time heifers.
It wouldn't hurt to use a 3 year old who has a proven calf crop on the ground. I know several ranches who do that with their first time heifers.
Since i was told this from these oh so experienced cattlemen here, i wondered if this poster also followed it. Just wanted to see if you guys follow your own advice...

I swore to God that i would never answer another one of your posts but I guess God will forgive me...............

READ MY LIPS a 16 for Calving ease, a negative birthweight EPD, and actual BW of 72lbs. The fact that his sire is a PROVEN CALVING EASE SIRE. http://bullbarn.com/angblkepd.asp?ID=1799. The only thing that would concern me is that this was a fire and ice mating with the sire having a CE of 25(Gelbvieh numbers) and the dam a CE of 5. I personally would use him on heifers all day. However I would closely monitor those heifers who came from a hard birthing cow line of any kind. The thing here is Rod has had this cowherd for a lot of years and most of those hard birthing cow lines were culled a long time ago.

It does impress me Cowgirl that you continue to search for the ONE remark that could or would substantiate your point of view rather than look at the science behind some of the things that are posted here. You are nothing if not the queen of anecdotal evidence. This having been evidenced by the 20 some odd pages of drivel over you recent bull thread.

While I don't subscribe to Waco's method of testing heifer bulls I would say that breeding a bull to cows which usually throw a larger calf anyway does not always prove their heifer bull status. Of course all the other disclaimers such as the genetics of the heifers and the individual feeding programs still come into play.

Latest posts