My blonde moment

Help Support CattleToday:

ga. prime":3qjvdf8o said:
I hate to ask this, but what exactly is a registration sticker?

They used to give you new license plates every year. It gave the inmates something to do.

Then they started giving out new plates about every 7 years or so and putting little stickers on the plate to designate if you were current on your registration.

Now they give you inverted adhesive stickers to put on your windshield, right above the state inspection sticker. It is your annual registration with month and year. If someone tries to take it off, it is usually defaced. You still have a license plate.

Some states do not require vehicle inspection annually. Some states only require rear registration. Some states allow dual registration in multiple states.

In Texas we have little stickers on the windshield. One for inspection and one for registration. If you get both at about the same time, you can ask the guy who inpsects your vehicle to replace the registration also. I usually tip them if they do this for me. If you lose the registration sticker, it used to cost $1 to replace it after they look you up in the computer.

Liability insurance proof is required for both stickers. This was supposed to lower our rates because it ensured everyone had liability insurance. Our rates never went down. The seat belt law was supposed to lower our rates too. All it has done is cost me fines - over and over and over. I am starting to remember to put on my seat belt at times after leaving the pasture.

Thanks backhoe. We still put those stickers on our license plates. I always call them "the sticker that goes on your tag". Good to know their proper name is registration sticker. Like you, we get a new plate every few yrs. We also like you have to show proof of insurance to get the registration sticker. Vehicle inspections are not required here and nothing goes on the window.

Well Lammie, I've recently done something to go in that category . About a month ago I called my vet to order implants . I told him I needed a new implant gun, and he said they would just give me a new one . Well, when that stuff came I unpacked it, and somehow left the new gun in the box and threw it in the dumpster . The garbage man came before I realized my mistake . I'm not gonna call back and ask for another gun, so I guess I'll just have to order one out of PBS :oops: .

Larry

Ryder":372x5cz7 said:
Lammie":372x5cz7 said:
I can't be the only person in history who has done this!!!
I checked this out and it seems that you :dunce: are the only person in the history of the US to have done this.

Oh no, I'm not. I knew someone who peeled off the registration sticker and hat two inspection stickers. That counts.

Latest posts