my 6 teated cow.

Help Support CattleToday:

cattleluvr18

Reaction score
here chrisy, here is my pic of my 6 teated cow. i know shes still a very good cow. :p
pics001.jpg

OKay, this is going to sound totally stupid, but I just can't help myself, I think I'm having one of those days....
Anyhoo, remember a while back, when I posted questions about Broadus, Montana, because my son was moving there with his Dad, to work on a cattle ranch for a guy named Steve? Well, the Kid came back for Easter Weekend, and is having a BLAST! Turns out this "Steve" guy, who all I knew before was an ex-actor that was on Baywatch a couple times, is Stephen Held,of the Twin Hearts Ranch, apparently a big shot in the town, raises stock dogs as well, (The kid went ON and On about the "Sheepdogs", and the brand they put on the cattle-2 hearts and a line was the way my son described it)
To stop with my RAMBLING,(Okay, at least I know it's a real ranch now, not some funky scam the ex just pulled out of thin air)
My SON informed me that Black Angus cattle ALL have 6 teats. :shock:
Is this true? (The kid is 8.) are they breeding some mutant form of cattle out there? I have never heard this. I have been around the occasional Holstein that is born with an extra spigot, and it is promptly clipped off, right after birth.
Did I just get educated by an 8 yr old, or is someone pulling his leg, and mine too? BTW, he's grown a good 6 inches in 3 months, so he's either benefiting from the fresh ranch air, or they're pulling too hard on his legs! ;-)

redneckcowgirlmn":337e05hk said:
OKay, this is going to sound totally stupid, but I just can't help myself, I think I'm having one of those days....
Anyhoo, remember a while back, when I posted questions about Broadus, Montana, because my son was moving there with his Dad, to work on a cattle ranch for a guy named Steve? Well, the Kid came back for Easter Weekend, and is having a BLAST! Turns out this "Steve" guy, who all I knew before was an ex-actor that was on Baywatch a couple times, is Stephen Held,of the Twin Hearts Ranch, apparently a big shot in the town, raises stock dogs as well, (The kid went ON and On about the "Sheepdogs", and the brand they put on the cattle-2 hearts and a line was the way my son described it)
To stop with my RAMBLING,(Okay, at least I know it's a real ranch now, not some funky scam the ex just pulled out of thin air)
Is this true? (The kid is 8.) are they breeding some mutant form of cattle out there? I have never heard this. I have been around the occasional Holstein that is born with an extra spigot, and it is promptly clipped off, right after birth.
Did I just get educated by an 8 yr old, or is someone pulling his leg, and mine too? BTW, he's grown a good 6 inches in 3 months, so he's either benefiting from the fresh ranch air, or they're pulling too hard on his legs! ;-)

i dont remember that post but none of my anguses have 6 teats. i dont know about monanta though? :shock:

6 inches in 3 months?!?!?! :shock: :eek: :eek: :oops: jesus, that 2 inches a month!!!! i dont even know what to say bout that one.

Some of mine had a couple of extra, but they were never good for anything but ornaments. Probably there just in case the others went flat or something.

cattleluvr18":11pabaef said:
redneckcowgirlmn":11pabaef said:

i dont remember that post but none of my anguses have 6 teats. i dont know about monanta though? :shock:

6 inches in 3 months?!?!?! :shock: :eek: :eek: :oops: jesus, that 2 inches a month!!!! i dont even know what to say bout that one.

Yep. LOOK! He's too big for his pony now!
Jesseridingperky1.jpg

aaww what a cute little guy. unless you would have told me i would have never guessed his 8 years old. he looks more like ten. expecially on that poor pony. looks like he need an upgrade.

LOL, Yea, here's his REAL horse, he just really likes that dang pony!
jessandkelly.jpg

Only being 8, he gets a little gunshy on the big horse, won't ride her out of the pens. (Yea, she's a lot calmer than the little one, he'd have to beat her to go faster than a trot, but will ride that pony all over, greenbroke and all!)
Kids...I tell ya!

Anyways, sorry for hijacking again! Saw a pic on a horse forum today, taken by a guy at a branding, there was a pic of a heifer with 6 teats!

no i am not making fun of you, and i never said anything about being stupid. and if i was i would be hypicritable b/c im pury dang dumb myself.

jw":3sz7vufm said:
Some of mine had a couple of extra, but they were never good for anything but ornaments. Probably there just in case the others went flat or something.

Some of mine do too and I have milked them by hand and gotten a squirt or two.

Latest posts