Murrays projects 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

You bought a goat in calf clothes
She ain't gonna be here long unless she settles down. Ain't a fence or pen on my place that'll hold her!!

O! And the 6 yr old cow sold today. Brought 121 bucks. She got a career change. And I'm happy with that!

Last edited:
Part of me says to get rid of her but another part wants you to keep her for the entertainment value we would get.
My friend, from Mexico, at work tells me they used to put a ring in their nose at his grandpa's place. Tie em with their head up high b4 breakfast and walk away til after dinner.....

Then lead them wherever they wanted to take em

How in the hell did the calf get up there?
She jumped!!
And not just once. Like I said. She's up and down like it's NOTHING!!

The feed door on the side popped open and I about crapped my 👖
She would have a hard time getting thru it and out but it's possible. And I'd a never seen her again.... 😶

She jumped!!
And not just once. Like I said. She's up and down like it's NOTHING!!

The feed door on the side popped open and I about crapped my 👖
She would have a hard time getting thru it and out but it's possible. And I'd I'd never seen her again.... 😶
Do not sell her, that is some Guinness World Record stuff! You should take her on the road.

MM> She could well be one of the best cows you will ever own. I wrote of my experience with them on these pages previously so I
won't go into it here. They came to me in2008 and the cows are gone of course but I do have some 3/4 and 7/8 spotted Red Angus
cross as well as solid red and one black. Tonight I was feeding alfalfa cube treats to 5 heifers (1 with a calf at side). I am sure you have
other things on your plate but I will say for myself I have been richly rewarded for the time spent with and on them.
Reminds me of George Jones, faster horses, younger women, more money ! For me anything else is like drinking flat beer.
Enjoy the ride.. LVR

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ur new project gave me a good laugh after i saw it up in the trailer! Ricochet is a great name and very fitting. Jus build a pen that'll hold a goat, give her a friend, BAM, new herd matriarch.🤠🐂🤠🤣🤣
Someone once told me about building goat fencing....

Build it tall and tight.
Then fill it with water.
If the water runs out, it won't hold a goat!

So I did not find any heifers to go with my crazy one today.
Sale barn had 5 cows and one bottle calf. I moved a bale of hay and decided I wasn't even gonna go back to the sale. Well, after I moved hay I changed my mind.

I bid up to 200 on the black bull calf. He sold for 250.
The man that bought it talked with me a bit, and he bought Toodles the bathtub calf from me after the sale.
He ALSO bought Ricochet!
And all 5 of my lil black projects....

Down to Opal, Mabel, Lillibet, and Bougie Brown heifer. That acre sure is empty looking now.

Gonna be a bit boring here til I find something else!

I bet yall were expecting a lil different update huh?
20220312_190009.jpg

So I did not find any heifers to go with my crazy one today.
Sale barn had 5 cows and one bottle calf. I moved a bale of hay and decided I wasn't even gonna go back to the sale. Well, after I moved hay I changed my mind.

I bid up to 200 on the black bull calf. He sold for 250.
The man that bought it talked with me a bit, and he bought Toodles the bathtub calf from me after the sale.
He ALSO bought Ricochet!
And all 5 of my lil black projects....

Down to Opal, Mabel, Lillibet, and Bougie Brown heifer. That acre sure is empty looking now.

Gonna be a bit boring here til I find something else!

I bet yall were expecting a lil different update huh?
View attachment 14266
Darn cattle traders. Hahahaha
Good job.