Murrays projects 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

You sold Toodles, Dumbo, and Ricochet to the same guy? Hope you didn't tell him your real name
Hah!
Dangdest thing. Ricochet was put on some kind of leash like halter with a special knot so as not to choke herself out. It was a fight to be sure! But they got her anyway.
They told me she will be on that leash for several days until she's chilled...
The old man has the patience of Jobe!

Darn cattle traders. Hahahaha
Good job.
Reverse pen hookers....
Hope I didn't make the barn owner mad!

I'm just gonna throw this lil gal in here.
Bought a pair yesterday. Mama was a 6 yr old polled corriente crossbred.
The pair weighed 815, calf is 200 plus
Cool in the ring. Mama tried to kill the man on the horse that was loading. Got the pair in the trailer and mama rammed the side trying to get to me.
Changed my mind. I hauled mama straight to the next sale barn where she politely put 2 boys over the fence. She brings what she brings.

This calf look crazy to ya'll?
View attachment 14226
Got the lil heifer home and decided she's living in the trailer til I figure our what I'm gonna do with her. Put a scoop of feed and a bucket of water in there. Opened the divider gate. She came out like a bucking bull!!
Smashed the water bucket, water flying everywhere, grabbed a bite of feed and drank the water from the air, all in one smooth satisfying fit of rage!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

No water for you tonight then....

This morning!
Closed divider gate penning her in the front. Got another 5 gallon of water and a scoop of feed. Came back and she is literally IN the upper feed bunk of the trailer!!

Dropped her feed and water. Opened the divider gate. No smashing this morning. We will see how this mess goes. Perhaps she will sell as 2 weeks weaned in this trailer!
I'd like to see a pic of her in the feeder. Lol

Shes a very nice looking animal. But I don't know if I can make her work or not....
Shes up n down and in and out of there like it's nothing!!!
View attachment 14236
Oh, wow!
She jumped!!
And not just once. Like I said. She's up and down like it's NOTHING!!

The feed door on the side popped open and I about crapped my 👖
She would have a hard time getting thru it and out but it's possible. And I'd a never seen her again.... 😶
Are you sure she's not part deer?!!

That brown heifer is sure converting feed to pounds! She was cheap because someone already branded her. Plan was to eat her...
Hell, she don't mind being loved on while she's eating. I've even scratched her a bit while she's waiting at the gate. I've walked all around her and she ain't skittish. Don't seem to want to kick.
Hmmm
The price of cows, maybe I should sell all cows and keep a bunch of heifers and start over. I've got a pretty nice group of black baldies growing still....
20220317_175250.jpg

That brown heifer is sure converting feed to pounds! She was cheap because someone already branded her. Plan was to eat her...
Hell, she don't mind being loved on while she's eating. I've even scratched her a bit while she's waiting at the gate. I've walked all around her and she ain't skittish. Don't seem to want to kick.
Hmmm
The price of cows, maybe I should sell all cows and keep a bunch of heifers and start over. I've got a pretty nice group of black baldies growing still....
View attachment 14490
She's growing out really nicely

Man, I LOVE your style.
They practically gave em away....
The guy that sold em can't be too happy. But he didn't p.o. them, so here we are.

The heifers seem pretty gentle. And look great for what they are! Bright eyed, bushy tailed. Seem like they may be weaned too.

Bull will be a steer in short order.

They practically gave em away....
The guy that sold em can't be too happy. But he didn't p.o. them, so here we are.

The heifers seem pretty gentle. And look great for what they are! Bright eyed, bushy tailed. Seem like they may be weaned too.

Bull will be a steer in short order.
I just appreciate a wheelin' dealin' cattleman with such a wide range of vision and a big heart. You must run a ton of cows or something, because every thread I've checked it seems like you're onto some.

I just appreciate a wheelin' dealin' cattleman with such a wide range of vision and a big heart. You must run a ton of cows or something, because every thread I've checked it seems like you're onto some.
A lot of cows to one, is not many to another...
About 2, forty acres places.
I have a couple small sacrifice areas I feed some projects on. Gotta maximize the available opportunities!

These 4 would make someone with a small homestead/place an excellent starter herd!

On to the next ones ol son!

3 lil dexter looking heifers and a bull calf. The heifers are 220lbs
The lil crazy bull is 120.
Gonna go get em set up with some feed and water.
De-horn and band the bull in a couple weeks.
View attachment 14597
There is still room up on the top deck for an atheletic calf... hint hint.

The lil bull is not QUITE that athletic thankfully. He's calmed right down with the 3 others.
That one still cracks me up! I need to check with the folks that got her and see if she's off her leash yet!
20220311_174614.jpg

On to the next ones ol son!

3 lil dexter looking heifers and a bull calf. The heifers are 220lbs
The lil crazy bull is 120.
Gonna go get em set up with some feed and water.
De-horn and band the bull in a couple weeks.
View attachment 14597
Hopefully they're Lowline instead of Dexters-beefier, really tough little polled cows

Hopefully they're Lowline instead of Dexters-beefier, really tough little polled cows
Could be.. SWAG on my part.
They look pretty good really.
Not polled! They all have horn buds.
Pretty skittish. I havnt gotten any real good pics yet. Gonna let em chill a while. They like my square bales tho! And one or two have checked out the feed.
20220320_143432.jpg
O yeah! The crazy white heifer from last week has settled a bit. She's with my old project calves on a 3 acre or so spot with a Bermuda and an alfalfa bale. Bout all I could pry outta the buyers! 😆

They definitely have some dexter attributes but yours are noticeably meatier. Heres my dexters from registered stock, yearlings, taken the other day. Got someone coming to look at the 2 heifers this morning, the bigger ones.
0214221833_HDR.jpg

@branxchar&charx Very nice!

I'm gonna guess angus/dexter cross. Wish folks would add a little info when they sell. I tell em all about mine when I drop em at the sale! And the auctioneers are usually pretty good about relaying the message to sellers.
Yours are a bit older. Mine got them lil short horn buds. I'd guess mine are 4 months maybe?? Hard to guess on a small breed like these. The lil bull was from a different seller. So who knows on him. And obviously younger. They were bawling pretty good this morning! But eating hay. And they made some of the feed gone too!

Latest posts