Murrays projects 2021

Help Support CattleToday:

get another length of pipe on the top (bottom, LOL - I know how that goes) of that blue panel before she jumps it.
That really worried me too!
I'm glad it's upside down tho. She attempted to go under twice. She's given up on that now.
Doesn't seem to be a jumper, thank goodness!

Shes been fed twice now.
And got fresh flakes of yummy square bales. Bow she just runs in the trailer when she sees me. 🤣

We will see how she likes depending on me to eat and drink...

Well, she's settling down a little. Ain't seen her stick her big dumb head in there again.
20220726_182248.jpg
For the past several days she's been running around like an idiot every time I get close. Jumping in and out of the trailer. Bouncing off the panels. I've been coming out here of an evening and just sitting while my babies eat.
20220726_182759.jpg
She's finally calmed down enough she is comfortable enough to eat while I'm here.
Baby steps....
What am I gonna do with her???
Ain't even got a name or a tag yet. Just been calling her dummy.
20220726_182409.jpg

How's ur arm?
My arm sucks! But, shockingly, I'm pretty darn accurate with "lunch on the left, rugrat on the right" - looking from behind. And you can always bump her.

Even if she's not bred too far, if she's not too young (or small) to successfully calve unassisted, I'd be tempted to give her a chance.

My arm sucks! But, shockingly, I'm pretty darn accurate with "lunch on the left, rugrat on the right" - looking from behind. And you can always bump her.

Even if she's not bred too far, if she's not too young (or small) to successfully calve unassisted, I'd be tempted to give her a chance.
Ok. Sometimes I'm a real idiot.
I pictured you with a sammich in your left hand. And a rugrat on your right. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how u were gonna preg this cow like that...
Then it dawned on me what you were saying!

Omg! Sometimes I'm a real dope!
🤣🤣🤣🤣

😔

I'm still laughing!! But this is what I'm talking about: Pink Tongue is the one I almost lost last year when she had a hedge apple lodged in her throat. Then, it sure looked like she aborted, based on the discharge (never found a fetus). Couple months later I took a good look - from behind. Yup, lunch on the left, rugrat on the right. Maybe she slipped a twin? Dunno, but she had a beautiful heifer that I'm keeping - contingent on a thorough exam from my vet to make sure she isn't a freemartin.
1660219665683.jpeg