Murray Grey bulls--some famous; some not.

Help Support CattleToday:

oops I spelled it wrong--
Tuerong Park Igor is really his name--- thanks!

Susie

Heres a couple of snippets from me. Balmoral Elation was a very big bull,Murray Sutherland is a fairly small statured man so the bull will look just that much larger. A friend of mine actually judged some of the breeds at the Royal Melbourne in 1981. He commented about Elation that he was the largest MG that he had seen (he breeds Brahmans in a subtropical area and doesn't see them in there usual area) There was a suspicion at the time that he had something else in him (never the less he's a good bull).
Tuerong Park Murray Grey stud used to be located just east of Melbourne Victoria. The owner who in later years got into Limousins died in the past year. He had some fairly handy cattle and promoted MGs a lot in Victoria.
Colin

What do you know about Tuorong Park igor? That's the only MG semen my Ai guy has in the tank-- would love to know more about him---
he's from the 70's or 80's i think.

I used my last 2 straws of IGOR this year, the semen was collected in 1973. I will see what further info I can find out when I get home from work.
Kevin

Hi Colin: It is my understanding that Balmoral Elation was
blood-typed to his parents to prove he was pure
Murray Grey. I think you are correct in saying there was
doubt; possibly envy also. He sold for a small fortune at the
time to the group of americans that brought him over here.

OK Jeanne":2h35ddzb said:
Hello Mss Camp & say hello to your dad for me.("the" Ivan
Skinner---do I have that right?)

Yes ma'am, that is correct, and I'll do it. Thank you for the info!

I could not find a picture of the IGOR within my collection, I will continue to look for one at some other sources.
IGOR was born on May 26, 1969, a Silver Grey, at the property of Tuerong Park, which was held by Wilkenson Investment PTY LTD, Mornington, Victoria, AUS. Semen was exported to the US and Canada.
His sire was Thologolong Richard, dam was The Glen Meryl 2nd.
His AUS reg # is 1092A
His CMGA reg # is 355

Regardless of color, type, bloodlines, etc., these are examples of tremendous beef animals. Any of you newcomers who may be wondering what good cattle look like, study the pictures of these bulls and remember the extreme depth of body, thickness, flesh and muscle that is expressed in these individuals. Animals with that type of capacity through the heart girth will do well on any type of forage, in most any type of system.

Thanks Purecountry! The photo of Rockcliffe Patron is way,
way too yellowish from age I guess. He was pretty widely
used as an AI bull in Canada and the USA northwest in
the early to mid-80s. We used that semen in our up-coming
flush this Friday, June 2d. He's a frame 5 and has a perfect
tenderness score on the Bovigen test - plus one "star" on
marbling. We have 11 recipients lined up and are hoping
for the best.

Latest posts