"Most bred females carrying female calves"

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":2lwtb9vw said:
angus9259":2lwtb9vw said:
but, more likely, fetal sexing.

Isn't that done with ultrasound?
Yes, but you could do it by hanging a ring over their back and seeing if it moves in a circle or a straight line. Also could be sexed embryos.

Hard to say, could have been sexed semen or they could have done ultra sound preg checking at an early gestation period where they would be able to tell the sex of the fetus.

Ask them and then let us know what they mean . ;-)

dun":2vdxv2l8 said:
Dixieangus":2vdxv2l8 said:
dun":2vdxv2l8 said:
Yes, but you could do it by hanging a ring over their back and seeing if it moves in a circle or a straight line

Joke or statement?
OWT
Have a neighbor that swears this works. Says she is about 98% accurate at determining the sex before it is born.

This is how he does it "We use female sexed semen and then do fetal sexing with ultrasound at 60-65 days. To this point, we have not had a bull born using sexed semen. "

Kingfisher":1loyr201 said:
This is how he does it "We use female sexed semen and then do fetal sexing with ultrasound at 60-65 days. To this point, we have not had a bull born using sexed semen. "

Thanks for letting us know Kingfisher ,sounds like they cover all their bases.

At least their being honest. Had a neighbor who will try every trick in the book. He would sell bred heiffers. He went through and ultra sounded them. Would sell in smaller packages. He would put 2-3% bull calves in with each group that he would sell. So he would never keep one due with a heiffer calf for himself. Sale barn caught on. Kicked him out for 2 years and then let him back in. One of their best suppliers of cattle.

If we were all the same it would be a boring place!

hillsdown":1j5pc3cr said:
Kingfisher":1j5pc3cr said:

Thanks for letting us know Kingfisher ,sounds like they cover all their bases.

Right! Thanks for your reply. I am glad you caught my response. I think they are " doing it the right way " too! They must have some access to the resources or some bad ass cows! I found some humor today as I looked for CAB feedlots in Texas.............funny how the biggest or near the biggest producer in the land doesn't have a biggest marketable processor/feed lot within 600 miles of me........

Latest posts