More on the red saddled cattle conundrum.

Help Support CattleToday:

OK forks I am really sorry for leaving that post unfinished and unanswered. As I was writing that post my neighbor called and said my chimney was on fire. At that point I must have had a brain f art and hit the send button.
Any how, as for "
Have you ever wondered why the red saddles on cows is always in the same area?
What is there that could be causing it to be in that location?
That is the exact area where an ultrasound is done to measure fatty tissue to determine meat quality (marbling). What is being measured by ultrasound is the fat content and fat is where minerals are stored until needed.
It is believed that when a high concentration of sulfur is stored in this fatty area,
it causes the hair in this area to turn red on black cows.
Liz

NC Liz 2":7imt30x9 said:
OK forks I am really sorry for leaving that post unfinished and unanswered. As I was writing that post my neighbor called and said my chimney was on fire. At that point I must have had a brain f art and hit the send button.
Any how, as for "
Have you ever wondered why the red saddles on cows is always in the same area?
What is there that could be causing it to be in that location?
That is the exact area where an ultrasound is done to measure fatty tissue to determine meat quality (marbling). What is being measured by ultrasound is the fat content and fat is where minerals are stored until needed.
It is believed that when a high concentration of sulfur is stored in this fatty area,
Liz

Liz, hang in there, what you have here ( like you don't know ) is some joksters having some fun. I have no clue to what your answer is, but I do know for certain a few folks here do. Now that you clarified your question you may get a couple good answers ...... A couple have already answered your question seriously. BTW I've been known to take a topic off course also, I do hope you get a good answer to your question.

Alan, I don't get the sense that Liz is asking a question. It seems to me that she is giving the answer and explaining why the hair gets a red tint to it.

Katherine

Red Bull Breeder":3lbusnyq said:
Alan some times you are a little on the brain dead side of things. Its Sir Loin trying to tell us the same bs as always.

Maybe so, but I like to give newbies a chance before they get ran off ...... But maybe you can give me some insight on how you know it is sir loin so I don't embarrass myself again, how do you know it's sir loin. :tiphat:

Really! Brain dead!?

See I gave you some slack and said sometimes and a little on. If a poor dumb hillbilly like me can figure out its Sir Loin a brilliant West Coast guy like you should not have any problem with it. :lol:

sim.-ang.king":2rax0ytk said:
Calman":2rax0ytk said:
Cant say as I have ever seen a cow with a red saddle on it.
Or even a horse

Cal
Would hate to try to ride a cow with this saddle.
!BoQ1BrQ!2k~$(KGrHqYOKj!EtlrR%2BN4LBLm3kb!tOQ~~_12.jpg

Looks to me like that saddle is missing a few parts.

Cal

Redbull, I'm really biting my f...Ing tounge right now. How are you sure it's a old troll here again.

I'm' just a brain dead pot head! :mad:

Not really but I could have. Just go read some of the first post that Ncliz made then go back and read some of the last one medicine woman made along with some of Sir Loins last post. Same bs different name and day.

NC Liz 2":1b8bmaep said:
What is being measured by ultrasound is the fat content and fat is where minerals are stored until needed.
Liz

Yougottabeshittinme :shock: :shock: I'll have to tell my vet that. He always wants to do a biopsy on the liver.

TexasBred":16y958bf said:
NC Liz 2":16y958bf said:
What is being measured by ultrasound is the fat content and fat is where minerals are stored until needed.
Liz

Yougottabeshittinme :shock: :shock: I'll have to tell my vet that. He always wants to do a biopsy on the liver.

Your cows liver hair isn't reddish? Must be getting enough copper. :cowboy:

Latest posts