moral conundrum, what would you do,.

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman

Reaction score
Ok 7 weeks ago I buy a new sprayer. A 40 gallon three point cheap one from tsc. I bought it to mount on a utv. To get were the tractor cant.
Friday evening the pump goes out. I, m to drive to halletsville in morning to pick up fish. I park the rig in shed and go to bed.
After picking up fish I stop at a tsc along the way and just buy a new identical pump. I'm in a hurry, I've got live fish, and a tank full of tordon in the sprayer. With the new pump I get everything fixed fine
Sunday I go to local tsc to talk to manager. I get the acting manager, maybe 25, I tell my story, he says nope nothing he can due.

The way I see it I have three choices.
1. Eat the 85.00 , it was worth that to not have to empty and dismount the sprayer.
2. Try to plead my case to someone with more rank.
3. Take the brand new looking bad pump. Put it in the new pumps box with receipt. Take it back and never mention the sprayer story. Justice would be served. But would require a lie from me.
What would you do

Option 4: When you're done, take the bad pump and put it back on the sprayer. Then take it back for a new one or refund.

I Like to think I always do what's morally right, but I wouldn't have any issue putting the bad pump in the box and returning it either. One way or another, you're owed the money for a pump.

I will take door #2 please. Look for a customer care contact number or email address
Followed by door #1 if previous is too annoying and raises your blood pressure.
Door number #3 leads to a bad place and should be ignored

I would talk to the manager first. At least at the TSC here they have been very accommodating when things don't work right and it is within the warranty period.

Put broke pump in box and return it with receipt. Tell them you had purchased the pump and it is broken, you want to exchange for a working pump. You didn't lie and you can always use an extra pump.

#2, talk to someone at corporate. The warranty should cover it.

First mistake is talking to these kids that don't know how it works. TS has a manger that is usually a little more adept in making decisions. Take the whole unit back and ask for exchange. No need to involve corp unless the manager cant handle the problem. If you've never been in that position don't offer a suggestion that you don't know the consequences too.

id talk to store manager once hes available.. if that doesn't work... I would have no quams about putting the pump in the box and returning and getting my money back

I have no moral issue with #3... You bought something under warranty and they aren't living up to their end of the bargain,... finding an alternative way of getting them to honor their warranty shouldn't be on your conscience

If none of the above work, try the pump manufacturer. I doubt you will get your money back but I bet they would exchange the pump for you so you would have a backup. They probably would like to know why their pump failed.

I've never been too impressed with the hired help at the local TS. Stopped one day to price a back rub. Young man said he'd never heard of such and if they did make them they didn't carry them. I walked over a couple isles and there was one hanging on the wall.

bird dog":26aj9fwf said:
If none of the above work, try the pump manufacturer. I doubt you will get your money back but I bet they would exchange the pump for you so you would have a backup. They probably would like to know why their pump failed.

He has a receipt for purchased unit he will get his money back as long as its within the return with receipt period. If he returns the pump to store and gets his money back the store will send it back to the manufacturer saying its broken and leave it up to them to look at the pump.

fitz":26aj9fwf said:
I've never been too impressed with the hired help at the local TS. Stopped one day to price a back rub. Young man said he'd never heard of such and if they did make them they didn't carry them. I walked over a couple isles and there was one hanging on the wall.

TS is the worst store IMO I go there only if I need something in a hurry.. I have an agri supply and SS within 30 mins of me .. They know their stuff that's who I like dealing with. The TS is like WM all they want is a body to man a register and put crap on the shelves. I was SHOCKED that TS beat out agri supply on 16" cattle fence panels. TS jprices are out the roof on most things compared to my SS and agri supply.

If its within the return with reciept time then just return it. If not have yur wife call. She will get results. If you have to lie to get it done then you ought to know right there not to do it that way.

I had the same dilemma once. I bought a Weber rotisserie for my grill. It lasted a little longer than its short warranty. I went to the store, bought a new one and was going to put the bad one in the new box with receipt and get my money back.

Never could bring myself to do it. Even felt guilty thinking about it.

Just the bring both receipts and the bad pump back to TSC. Tell the young man you want to talk to the manager. And just tell them the pump on the tank went bad, and you replaced it with a new one. And your more than willing to bring the whole out fit back
.with the bad pump. And also bring the new pump and get your money back for both pieces of equipment. Customer service is a big deal, and if you're not happy let the company know. I've been jacked around before and went to upper management, and someone send me a $100. dollar gift card.

When I pay $50 for something that came from China that cost about $2 and a kid puts 500 of them together a day for $1.. I stop feeling bad real quick.

My buddy worked at a major chain store, he said they just throw all the defective merchandise in the crusher.. it doesn't go back to the manufacturer (Perhaps really expensive stuff does).

I think we should collectively start returning EVERY darned little thing that breaks within a reasonable time... I bought a handheld sandblasting gun.. the rubber hose on it cracked up and had to be shortened after about a month.. a year later it's completely disintegrated.. 2 bags of sand went through it.

highgrit":cugn89a0 said:
Just the bring both receipts and the bad pump back to TSC. Tell the young man you want to talk to the manager. And just tell them the pump on the tank went bad, and you replaced it with a new one. And your more than willing to bring the whole out fit back
.with the bad pump. And also bring the new pump and get your money back for both pieces of equipment. Customer service is a big deal, and if you're not happy let the company know. I've been jacked around before and went to upper management, and someone send me a $100. dollar gift card.

Well this is about what i did. Called the real manager . told my story and i would be glad to bring everything to him. Including the herbicide in the tank. He said just bringing the bad pump would be good enough....thanks all fenceman

Latest posts