Montanna Elk/Mule Deer/Pheasent Hunting.

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
Hey Mnmtranching ! :D

What month is it that me & Joe is suppose to met up with you to head out on our Elk/Mule Deer/pheasent hunt to Montanna this year ? :D Joe has suppose to of been keeping up with this and all and keeping me up to date but i guess it has just slipped his mind. :D

I plum forgot about that! I was figuring I'd remember when I got the plane tickets he promised us. BTW - where's our tickets? ;-)

Yeah ! Where is our plane tickets ? :D I am glad you remembered that Joe, was'nt thoes plane tickets he promised us suppose to be first class tickets to ? :D

First class! But of course. Can't have people of our caliber riding with the common folk. Just cause we own cattle doesn't mean we should be treated as such. Really hoping those tickets go to one of those huge planes that is so ungreen the carbon footprint will be the size of Texas. I sure hope he remembered to order the Maine Lobster for the trip cause flying makes me hungry.

You don't know how hard I tried to get plane tickets. Seems there ain't no airports where I'm going. Gonna have to do what I do, Sell a critter, get some cash, jump in the truck and head West. In your case Northwest.
Anyway, I believe it's going to take a good size critter this year.
Best time to go for pheasants is the opening week, young roosters, uneducated. Later in the season the survivors get really smart. MT has doe tags available so you can bring more venison home.
We can meet up at Oldtimers [supper time] :nod: He's not far from some of my hunting spots.

You guys should get one of those new super green little cars that gets 50 miles to a gallon, get up to MT purty cheap. Have to park them and use my truck for the badlands, I thing there would be some trouble with high centers.

Joe ? :roll: No plane ticket ? Sell critter ? Green little car that gets 50 miles to the gallon that gets high centered ? :roll: Joe is it just me or does it sound like our long awaited, planned in advanced hunting trip with Mnmtranching is not working out like we planned ? :D Could not get not plane tickets ? :roll: Something sounds a little fishy about that deal ? 8)

Come on mnmt, you know in a few places the only way to get those little cars out is a big "Sky Crane" chopper.

Pheasant report for our area. Hatches are looking good. Numbers are also good for Huns.
Some pheasant hatches are late and some are on time. Have seen some half grown birds and some that are just around a month old. Cold spring.

Mule deer are looking good. Seen quite a few fawns. Buck population is up to a good number this year.
Lots and lots of whitetail deer also. Not known for this area, but that population has exploded.

Elk are not commom here either, but one shows up once in awhile.

Stepper":1tqsjr4g said:
Green little car that gets 50 miles to the gallon that gets high centered ? Green little car? I wasn't expecting an ecotourism trip. Kinda always figured on leaving my mark in life and if I have to settle for a big A carbon footprint, so be it. (I think he figuring on keeping all our meat being we won't have room for it in the minicar)

:roll: Joe is it just me or does it sound like our long awaited, planned in advanced hunting trip with Mnmtranching is not working out like we planned ? :D Not sounding good at all. I was really hoping we could get up there before the darn pheasants grew their flight feathers.

Could not get not plane tickets ? :roll: Stepper, you aren't on one of them watch lists are ya?

Something sounds a little fishy about that deal ? 8) I'm thinking he don't want to let us know where his honey hole is. I bet he will taunt us later in the year with photos of what we could have shot too. ;-) :lol2:

This is what you guys should do. Hook a big long 5th wheel luxury suite behind a tough diesel or Joe's John Madden style cruiser and take October off. Spend a whole month in Montana.
Read I :heart: Herfs post above. I take that as an invite. :nod: Lots of game, lots of electricity for the cruiser. Heck supper, game cleaning. :cboy:
I better be careful here. :eek: might end up doing a few miles of fencing :eek:

mnmtranching":o877bmhn said:
Read I :heart: Herfs post above. I take that as an invite. :nod:
Easy killer. You promised to take MM, BL and I down south this winter. Winter starts sometime in Oct...... I promise you we will get meaner than Joe and Stepper if you cancel on us. Heck, I got the bus all painted in camo and everything....

Yeah that's an invite mnmt. :D :D :D
Make it for the end of October and we will have fresh beef in the freezer.
Now we just gotta figure out how to get Jo and Stepper up here.
UPS maybe???? :lol2:
How big of a crate do we need? :lol2: :lol2:
Dress warm Jo it may be colder up here then you expect. Would sure hate for you to get freezerburned. ;-) :D
You know what that is? Freezing in the morning and getting a sun burn in the afternoon. :lol2: :nod:

I luv herfrds":omt7eqw2 said:
Now we just gotta figure out how to get Jo and Stepper up here.

We both figured we'd fall down at work in September and once we got our checks rolling in we were planning on pooling this money to purchase this offroad beast Stepper found in India. This baby has everything. Gets 90 mpg and only runs off organic fuels such as peanut oil or whale blubber. (I had nothing to do with the color. Stepper said something about a communication problem with Rashish - the salesman)

rattler1.jpg

I luv herfrds":omt7eqw2 said:
Dress warm Jo it may be colder up here then you expect. Would sure hate for you to get freezerburned.

I'll have you know I got two pair of long britches around here somewhere. Can't always where shorts. It gets cold here too. Bout once a year we have a killing frost!

mnmtranching":omt7eqw2 said:
might end up doing a few miles of fencing

Though Stepper and I would like nothing more than to help put up several miles of fence we both would have to decline due to the seriousness of our injuries that we will suffer in September. But we will be more than glad to sit in the truck with a cool beverage and offer our expert advice in the form of wouldhave's, shouldhave's and couldhave's.

Angie, We got to figure something out. Fresh beef sounds better the crawdads. As long as Joe and Stepper are putting so much into planning spending the fall in MT and Oct is usually real nice out there. I reckon as soon as Joe feels the cold sneaking through the long johns He's gonna want to head South. Steppers car doesn't appear to be the type of rig that could break trail, so I think they will fizzle well before their teeth start chattering. Besides we want those guys home when we get South this Winter.
Whale blubber huh? :clap:

What's your size Jo, they got them on sale right now. I think they might even have the button flap in the back. :lol2: :lol2: ;-) :D

Don't think that little rig can handle some of our roads, uh I mean trails. You would have it high centered the second you turn off of the paved road.

Well wouldn't you know it. All this planning is for nothing. Seems Stepper has bailed on me. Got a pm from him saying he met a blue-eyed beauty from Sweden and is going to pass. I thought he was joking but seeing he got this thing started and is nowhere around it must be true. Said something about kicking his heels up in Abacco with Helga. Said he was going to just play in the sand and drink fruity drinks till the cows come home. I'm thoroughly confused now. I could have filled the cooler with fruity drinks if he wanted them that bad. Where's his priorities? And what did he do with all the money from the swamp buggy we bought!?

I luv herfrds":30fapu4k said:
What's your size Jo, they got them on sale right now. I think they might even have the button flap in the back. :lol2: :lol2: ;-) :D

Don't think that little rig can handle some of our roads, uh I mean trails. You would have it high centered the second you turn off of the paved road.

Heck :shock: That rig would high center on a rattle snake. :cboy:

I think Stepper is busy packing, heard he took a critter to market. :clap:

mnmtranching":15caa8vq said:
I think Stepper is busy packing, heard he took a critter to market.

I hope you are right. I'd hate to think Rattler would compromise the trip by letting some blue-eyed beauty take advantage of him and pollute his mind with wild thoughts of the flesh. Could lead to him hocking his guns and our SUV to buy jewelery and perfumes for his new handler. BTW, what kind of critter was he selling? If it was one of his Emus I know we are in trouble.

Since ya'll don't think the SUV is high-centered enough I located two multi-use trucks for the trip. These unfortunately are not eco-friendly and do burn gas. Nevertheless, I figured we could load these with melons and sell them at the gas stations when we fill up. The truck in the foreground will be used on ILH's trails mainly when we are chasing those chickens ya'll call pheasants. The other will be used for spot-lighting I mean hunting mule deer and other nocternal ungulates.

stepper1.jpg

Now thats more like it, The big truck pulling the luxury suite, pulling the little truck, pulling the watermelon trailer. :D :D

I'm sure glad to hear that Rattler is hopping aboard, getting better and better. :clap:

Stop the bus boys ! :D Boy a man is away from the putter for just a couple of days and this is what happens to a well planned hunting trip. :D Now Joe is 100 % right about this building fence deal, there is just no way we could possibly do any fence building being how we will be recovering and all. BUT ! we can like Joe said provide all of the advice you would ever need on getting that fence built, and built right i might add ! 8)

And just for Joes information after Joe talked so bad about my 90 mpg gas saver just because he did not like the color i took it back to Raish and got my money back. 8) I really though Helga was going to work out but when i ask her if she could clean pheasents, mule deer etc....., she had no clue as to how to do either ! 8) So she is history to !

Mnmtranching ! That emu i took to the sale did not even bring enough to buy a box of shells. The emu market is running a close second to cattle prices right now. :D

Latest posts