MN Cattlemen Summer Tour !

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
It is set for July 8th and 9th, and based out of Sportmans Lodge on Lake of the Woods. Tour buses start from the Roseau County Fairgrounds. The snow is usually gone by mid June so I think it would be safe to come up from the south. Any folks thinking about attending?

That is one of the best times of the year for me to take time off (after calving/processing and turnout, and before haying). Looks like it will be early morning rising for the tour days at Warroad and Roseau.

Way too early to bale oats straw so I just may have to take the wife on that beach vacation she has been talking about...

Aaron - - are there any good herf operations on the tour?

Stocker Steve":2pk2x8p5 said:
Way too early to bale oats straw so I just may have to take the wife on that beach vacation she has been talking about...

Aaron - - are there any good herf operations on the tour?

Well looks like I don't get access to the inside track on the tour unless I shell out $200 for the basic accommodations package. Boo. Sportsman's is nice, but not $200 a night nice.

So I guess I won't be going, unless I get a leaked copy of the itinerary from my sources.

Steve, you have to come onto 'this' side of the river to find the Hereford operations. I don't know of any Hereford operations between Baudette and Warroad, and I very much doubt any around Roseau. All I ever see in NW MN is black for as far as the eye can see.

The tour is only $25 per person, but then Sportsmans will not clean your fish for "free"...

If you know some CAB high rollers you could just show up for happy hour and listen to the whoopers...

There are some polled Hereford breeders to the east of Baudette (between Baudette and International Falls). Dale and Deedra Erickson have registered ones near Birchdale. I'm not sure of the names of the others.

Stocker Steve":326gz461 said:
The tour is only $25 per person, but then Sportsmans will not clean your fish for "free"...

If you know some CAB high rollers you could just show up for happy hour and listen to the whoopers...

Where did you find it posted at $25?

aprille218":326gz461 said:
There are some polled Hereford breeders to the east of Baudette (between Baudette and International Falls). Dale and Deedra Erickson have registered ones near Birchdale. I'm not sure of the names of the others.

Your right. I shouldn't post late at night. Must have had a dumb moment. Completely forgot about Erickson's.

A neighbor and I were going to get some money flowing between the border on good Herefords, but then Hasbargen decided he didn't want to do the federal import/export paperwork anymore, so we gave up on that idea.

aprille218":1hqcwkc8 said:
There are some polled Hereford breeders to the east of Baudette (between Baudette and International Falls). Dale and Deedra Erickson have registered ones near Birchdale.

I used to fish out of the Birchdale camp ground. Good times.
We could skip Sportsman's and have an old fashioned slab wood bonfire?

LazyARanch":2d17ah5j said:
Aaron, the tour fee is $25 per adult. Of course, accommodations and meals are extra!

But, there is free beer too if you know which stock tank to check.
Some grazers are famous for their cold and clear their stock tank water...

Aaron":a55weune said:
A neighbor and I were going to get some money flowing between the border on good Herefords, but then Hasbargen decided he didn't want to do the federal import/export paperwork anymore, so we gave up on that idea.

Are fat herfs good swimmers?

Stocker Steve":2ze2f50j said:
Aaron":2ze2f50j said:

I think they could do it, but not sure if they could do it without the drones spotting them. Easier to do in the winter, but then you've got a lot of tracks to cover very quickly. :D

Aaron":9y16jlm3 said:
I think they could do it, but not sure if they could do it without the drones spotting them. :D[/quote]

I don't want an air to sea missile in my Lund, or in my trailer. Is the F&G that serious about the walleye slot size, or are the Canadians harboring the bad guys?

Stocker Steve":2t5hmt3x said:
Aaron":2t5hmt3x said:
I think they could do it, but not sure if they could do it without the drones spotting them. :D

I don't want an air to sea missile in my Lund, or in my trailer. Is the F&G that serious about the walleye slot size, or are the Canadians harboring the bad guys?[/quote]

They would be more concerned that the cows might have a belly full of mary-jane.

Seriously, a couple idiots from British Columbia bought a house a few miles from here, along the river and ran BC pot across the river with a snowmobile. Of course all it took was the border guys to see the tracks going straight across and the gig was up. I don't think they're coming back to Canada anytime soon.

Great hospitality at Aaron' place, and an interesting tour of the beef operations near the Canadian line. It seems like there were two main types of livestock operations up there:

- low input traditional (25 to 75 cow) operations, that did not grow crops
- fancy larger (200 to 600 cow) operations that did some back grounding, and usually farmed several thousand acres of crop ground

Latest posts