Busy summer - no shows!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Hi All - Been gone for a while Thought I would check in.
We got tired of hearing "canceled" for all our shows. We were outside working with our sponsored juniors and my nephew Phil got another cancellation. He said, "This is BS, Simme Valley is going to put on a show for all these juniors". He got on his phone & posted on FB that SV was going to put a show on "who's in with us". Within 1 minute his phone rang. Another producer was thinking the same thing.
We ended up putting together two shows that we ran and another producer in the West side of NY put one on. They were 1-day shows (blow & show) put on at individual farms. Then we heard the Fall Festival was canceled. This is normally a 3-day junior show with lots of educational contests that I started almost 30 years ago & ran for about 25 years.
Nope, not going to let that happen. We found a great fairgrounds that was willing to ignore CDC requirements. Held a 2-day event. Raised over $17,000 with an additional $2-3,000 donated in prizes. Had a great event for the kids.
So, was busier than normal. Harder to run a show than to just enter and go to a show!
Very proud of our sponsored kids. They don't own any livestock, live in suburb. Oldest girl is 15, she was Over-All Champion in the Challenge (all the educational contests), middle girl, 13 yrs old, was 3rd Over-All, and the 3rd sibling, boy 10 yrs old, was 2nd Over-All in his age division. Great family to work with. This is their 3rd year with us.
This was an unusual summer, but extremely rewarding.

Thank you for doing this for the kids. But don't be gone from the board so long. Share some pictures.

Latest posts