Mississippi State

Help Support CattleToday:

FSU, OLE MISS, BAYLOR, NOTRE DAME, AUBURN, BAMA, and the rest doesnt matter

shaneb":rbiap7ef said:

It's been well known the couple of years the coaches poll doesn't mean shyt. Coaches have stated they don't have time time to watch other games and they will just vote the same as athe AP or as it was last week ...... Or just vote their team at number 1...... Right Lane Kiffen?

Edit to add: sorry Shane, I quoted the wrong post :oops: . Where are you from anyway, good input from you.

Alan :tiphat:

Deepsouth":256huafb said:
Alan":256huafb said:
greybeard":256huafb said:
Notre Dame??
Seriously?
They barely beat unranked 2-3 North Carolina.

Okay, Norte dame was a little tounge in cheek, but they are one of the few undefeated left. No way the SEC is getting three teams in the playoffs. Only two unbeaten teams left in the sec, miss and miss st. They play each other the last game of the season, then need to survive the sec title game.... Georgia?

The rankings I was talking about was only for this week not for the playoffs.

I know, just ran with a thought, sorry for the confusion.

Baylor the only undefeated in the big 12, lots of season left, no conference title game :mad: will one less game on a big 12 team's resume be a problem?

No undefeated teams in the big 10, mich st still looks good and the Ducks pounding of UCLA helped them. They do have to play the extra title game .... Against.....?

Don't see where undefeated has anything to do with it. It all depends on national rankings.

Lots to with it in the new system, rankings mean a lot, but undefeated helps with the rankings in the power five. Which does'nt mean a #6 ranked team in a different conference will not get in over a #4 or 3 rank team in the same conference. It's also strength of schedule, conference champion as well as a 13 member panel (no computers) deciding. I believe each power five conference has a member on the 13 member panel ..... Pac12 member is USC Ad who got fined $5K for coming down to the field to chew out a ref during a USC game. :oops:

Pac12 Oregon got a starting o lineman back and it really helped their confidence, the walk on can sit now. No undefeated left in the conference, Arizona looked bad in their loss to usc, UCLA is out with two losses, Arizona st looks good with one loss, Stanford is out with two losses. Ducks still have the huskies next week ;-) in :lol2: Eugene both teams have one loss. And they have to get past a currently one loss Utah in utah. And the title game against

Who are all these teams? :lol2: :lol2: ;-)

Set your alarm clock for 10:30 pm to see one of our kick offs :lol: :lol: :oops:

ACC, FSU is the only team left there, but their QB is in a lot of hot water, may need to set some games, up to four I think. And as I heard on one of the college football shows, "they have been playing in the bakery so far! Lining up against cupcakes!" :lol: sorry but that still sounds funny, so strength of schedule may be a problem.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Now let's talk Norte dame :santa: , if they win out, they are in, they may be in with one loss. I think this because their fan base travels well and unfortunately too many fans see them as America,s team. Still a big money maker.

They almost got beat by a nobody yesterday and have to go to FSU next week. If FSU still has Winston at QB the tribe will scalp them. Heck, the swamp Indians may beat them without Winston.

$$$$$$

BTW, I figure what's about to happen with Winston is just a big show to clear Winston and try to justify the university's actions in the matter. :2cents:

We'll see, don't think so, NFL won't care

So "IF" the playoffs were tomorrow my picks would be

Big 10 team none :shock: Only team coming out of the big 10 is much st and ducks already beat them.
Big 12 Baylor, if they win out.
Pac12 ducks if they win out
Acc imo slim chance of FSU unless they can keep their QB the whole season.
Norte dame win their in
Sec the winner of the conference is in and most likely one of the miss teams or Georgia if they when out without sign any more gear! :mrgreen:

Now that I wrote that out i don't think I can pick the four teams that are in if it started tomorrow. Lots of football left to help sort things out.

Alan":23gxvy60 said:
shaneb":23gxvy60 said:

It's been well known the couple of years the coaches poll doesn't mean shyt. Coaches have stated they don't have time time to watch other games and they will just vote the same as athe AP or as it was last week ...... Or just vote their team at number 1...... Right Lane Kiffen?

Edit to add: sorry Shane, I quoted the wrong post :oops: . Where are you from anyway, good input from you.

Alan :tiphat:

Alan, i am from south mississippi. Thanks, i try to keep up with teams. This year has helped A LOT because both mississippi teams are worth talking about. I am a MS STATE fan and an SEC fan.

Deepsouth":9fxz8qly said:
Ole Miss put it on A&M over at College Station so where do they come in?

Here's my pick.

Number 1 - Miss State

Number 2 - Ole Miss

Number 3 - Florida State

Number 4 - Auburn

OL' Miss needs to be in there somewhere buddy...they looked pretty darned good Saturday. Figure they could beat FSU on a regular basis.

TexasBred":1yzofbmg said:
Deepsouth":1yzofbmg said:
Ole Miss put it on A&M over at College Station so where do they come in?

Here's my pick.

Number 1 - Miss State

Number 2 - Ole Miss

Number 3 - Florida State

Number 4 - Auburn

OL' Miss needs to be in there somewhere buddy...they looked pretty darned good Saturday. Figure they could beat FSU on a regular basis.

They are at number 3 behind FSU :bs: and Baylor is number 4 after giving up 58 points.

I agree Ole Miss should be at number 2. FSU is undefeated on the Junior College circuit.

FSU has too much money and political swag at statehouse and beyond to get bumped very far down, regardless of who they have played.

I've been routing for the MSU Bulldogs for a while now, but this week that has to change. They've better watch out an unpredictable Cat squad awaits in Commonwealth Stadium. UK will either stink it up and get embarrassed or they will give State All Hell and the game will come down to the wire.

Latest posts