Mississippi State

Help Support CattleToday:

I didnt get to watch it but looks like they played a heck of a game. I say they should be number 1 since they beat the number 1 team(fsu is over rated!)

Behind the Ducks who crushed UCLA in LA..... Okay kidding, Mississippi St. Is a damm good team, they have a great chance at #1.

Well I hope they see it the way it should be. FSU has not played any tough schools yet

If Mississippi State keeps winning they'll get their chance to be number one. Till FSU loses they should be number one. I can't see FSU staying undefeated myself, but it sure would be nice to be back to back Champs.

With the playoffs this year, to me everyone should be just playing for #4. #1 doesn't give them a bye or anything of that nature, so there is no real advantage to being #1.

I got a lot of friends in MS that are MS State alum, I'm sure its one big party over there right now. :banana: :banana: :banana:

MudHog":2aj3up36 said:
With the playoffs this year, to me everyone should be just playing for #4. #1 doesn't give them a bye or anything of that nature, so there is no real advantage to being #1.
:

That's true. If the playoffs would have started today three SEC teams would have been in it. I think I'm going to like the playoffs.

Mississippi is the real deal if I had to rank teams right no it would be

#1 Mississippi

#2 baylor

#3 florida state

#4 georgia

trappersteve":kfss5ey3 said:
Mississippi is the real deal if I had to rank teams right no it would be

#1 Mississippi

#2 baylor

#3 florida state

#4 georgia

Mississippi St.?

Norte Dame?

:lol: :lol: DS you do love the sec, Auburn won't stay that high up.

FSU one, Either ole miss or miss st second, the other third then Baylor fourth.

greybeard":a96n3n9e said:
Notre Dame??
Seriously?
They barely beat unranked 2-3 North Carolina.

Okay, Norte dame was a little tounge in cheek, but they are one of the few undefeated left. No way the SEC is getting three teams in the playoffs. Only two unbeaten teams left in the sec, miss and miss st. They play each other the last game of the season, then need to survive the sec title game.... Georgia?

Baylor the only undefeated in the big 12, lots of season left, no conference title game :mad: will one less game on a big 12 team's resume be a problem?

No undefeated teams in the big 10, mich st still looks good and the Ducks pounding of UCLA helped them. They do have to play the extra title game .... Against.....?

Pac12 Oregon got a starting o lineman back and it really helped their confidence, the walk on can sit now. No undefeated left in the conference, Arizona looked bad in their loss to usc, UCLA is out with two losses, Arizona st looks good with one loss, Stanford is out with two losses. Ducks still have the huskies next week in Eugene both teams have one loss. And they have to get past a currently one loss Utah in utah. And the title game against

ACC, FSU is the only team left there, but their QB is in a lot of hot water, may need to set some games, up to four I think. And as I heard on one of the college football shows, "they have been playing in the bakery so far! Lining up against cupcakes!" :lol: sorry but that still sounds funny, so strength of schedule may be a problem.

Now let's talk Norte dame :santa: , if they win out, they are in, they may be in with one loss. I think this because their fan base travels well and unfortunately too many fans see them as America,s team. Still a big money maker.

So "IF" the playoffs were tomorrow my picks would be

Big 10 team none :shock: Only team coming out of the big 10 is much st and ducks already beat them.
Big 12 Baylor, if they win out.
Pac12 ducks if they win out
Acc imo slim chance of FSU unless they can keep their QB the whole season.
Norte dame win their in
Sec the winner of the conference is in and most likely one of the miss teams or Georgia if they when out without sign any more gear! :mrgreen:

Now that I wrote that out i don't think I can pick the four teams that are in if it started tomorrow. Lots of football left to help sort things out.

Coaches pole has MSU at #1, FSU #2, Ole Miss #3. I just looked at the whole pole and i think they shouldnt have auburn ranked #8 and BAMA #7. BAMA barely beat arkansas. They struggled all day. Auburn lost to a good MSU team which was ranked #3 at the start of the game. I put auburn atleast at #6. They shouldnt have dropped that much. Guess we will have to wait and see what the AP POLES says.

Alan":216659qz said:
:lol: :lol: DS you do love the sec, Auburn won't stay that high up.

FSU one, Either ole miss or miss st second, the other third then Baylor fourth.

Come on now Alan! Baylor give up 58 points. They won but I just can't take a team that gives up 58 points to another team that gave up 61 points serious for a national title contender.

I was trying to be generous by putting FSU into the top four. Actually I think it should be MSU, Ole Miss, Auburn and Georgia. :cowboy: GO SEC!!! :banana:

Just kidding, but not about Baylor.

Here it is:

Amway coaches poll (Oct. 12)
1. Mississippi State (26)
2. Florida State (31)
3. Ole Miss (5)
4. Baylor
5. Notre Dame
6. Michigan State
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. Oregon
10. Georgia
11. Oklahoma
12. TCU
13. Ohio State
14. Kansas State
15. Oklahoma State
16. East Carolina
17. Arizona
18. Arizona State
19. Nebraska
20. Stanford
21. Texas A&M
22. Clemson
23. Utah
24. Marshall
25. Southern Cal

Alan":lr6cbcni said:
greybeard":lr6cbcni said:
Notre Dame??
Seriously?
They barely beat unranked 2-3 North Carolina.

Okay, Norte dame was a little tounge in cheek, but they are one of the few undefeated left. No way the SEC is getting three teams in the playoffs. Only two unbeaten teams left in the sec, miss and miss st. They play each other the last game of the season, then need to survive the sec title game.... Georgia?

The rankings I was talking about was only for this week not for the playoffs.

Baylor the only undefeated in the big 12, lots of season left, no conference title game :mad: will one less game on a big 12 team's resume be a problem?

No undefeated teams in the big 10, mich st still looks good and the Ducks pounding of UCLA helped them. They do have to play the extra title game .... Against.....?

Don't see where undefeated has anything to do with it. It all depends on national rankings.

Pac12 Oregon got a starting o lineman back and it really helped their confidence, the walk on can sit now. No undefeated left in the conference, Arizona looked bad in their loss to usc, UCLA is out with two losses, Arizona st looks good with one loss, Stanford is out with two losses. Ducks still have the huskies next week ;-) in :lol2: Eugene both teams have one loss. And they have to get past a currently one loss Utah in utah. And the title game against

Who are all these teams? :lol2: :lol2: ;-)

ACC, FSU is the only team left there, but their QB is in a lot of hot water, may need to set some games, up to four I think. And as I heard on one of the college football shows, "they have been playing in the bakery so far! Lining up against cupcakes!" :lol: sorry but that still sounds funny, so strength of schedule may be a problem.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Now let's talk Norte dame :santa: , if they win out, they are in, they may be in with one loss. I think this because their fan base travels well and unfortunately too many fans see them as America,s team. Still a big money maker.

They almost got beat by a nobody yesterday and have to go to FSU next week. If FSU still has Winston at QB the tribe will scalp them. Heck, the swamp Indians may beat them without Winston.

BTW, I figure what's about to happen with Winston is just a big show to clear Winston and try to justify the university's actions in the matter. :2cents:

So "IF" the playoffs were tomorrow my picks would be

Big 10 team none :shock: Only team coming out of the big 10 is much st and ducks already beat them.
Big 12 Baylor, if they win out.
Pac12 ducks if they win out
Acc imo slim chance of FSU unless they can keep their QB the whole season.
Norte dame win their in
Sec the winner of the conference is in and most likely one of the miss teams or Georgia if they when out without sign any more gear! :mrgreen:

Now that I wrote that out i don't think I can pick the four teams that are in if it started tomorrow. Lots of football left to help sort things out.

shaneb":2nhp8y7h said:
Coaches pole has MSU at #1, FSU #2, Ole Miss #3. I just looked at the whole pole and i think they shouldnt have auburn ranked #8 and BAMA #7. BAMA barely beat arkansas. They struggled all day. Auburn lost to a good MSU team which was ranked #3 at the start of the game. I put auburn atleast at #6. They shouldnt have dropped that much. Guess we will have to wait and see what the AP POLES says.

I agree! Auburn is better than Bama and will prove it in the Iron bowl.

Latest posts