THE Ohio State Football Program

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Wowzers, looks like there is potential for quite the mess at Ohio State. I could give two hoots about the coaches, especially Urban Meyer. He's made his money, he'll be fine if he's been intelligent about it. However, all the kids that decided to go there, this could work out pretty badly for them depending on what happens. I always felt that way about the kids playing for Penn State after it hit the fan there.

Here's a slew of articles. Looks like Ohio State is still highly looked upon by the ranking gods.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20180822 ... ve-session

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/urb ... ture-2018/

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/279 ... estigation

I ain't posting about THE Ohio state again, last time it got me banned! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did anyone note that they are reading the report to the Trustees so that there is no writing to be requested under the Freedom Of Information Act?

M-5":1adj3m1n said:
sstterry":1adj3m1n said:
By the way, I will lay odds that they do not fire him and I am not sure he will even get a suspension!
I think they will fire him . Scape goat

Trustees debated for over 5 hours and now they have the room set up for a press conference. If they were going to fire him I don't think it would have taken them that long. But we should find out soon. I hate all of this for the kids, but not Meyer. But in all fairness, he kicked our butt when he was at Florida.

I just saw this on twitter...

OSU Board of Trustees: We have fired Urban Meyer and hired a new coach.

*Enter Urban Meyer wearing a fake mustache*

OSU Board of Trustees: Please welcome the new head coach, Rural Meyer.
#OSU #OhioState #UrbanMeyer :tiphat:

I can see this going either way. He'll have to get a suspension as that's the type of society we live in now. If Zeke Elliot can get one for alleged abuse with no charges, so can he. And I wonder if they'll drag that one up, hadn't thought of it until now. I don't know that I see him getting fired over this, I don't believe it to be in the same league as molesting a bunch of little kids and turning a blind eye to that. However, this meeting is taking forever, so whatever it is that they're doing in there, they are making sure they're doing it right. All "t"s will be crossed and all "I"s dotted so that he can't sue them. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure old Nick Sabban is enjoying the heck out of this, too, as OSU is usually about the only team that can beat them. Any distraction is a good distraction.

Bestoutwest":x8dowf2z said:
I can see this going either way. He'll have to get a suspension as that's the type of society we live in now. If Zeke Elliot can get one for alleged abuse with no charges, so can he. And I wonder if they'll drag that one up, hadn't thought of it until now. I don't know that I see him getting fired over this, I don't believe it to be in the same league as molesting a bunch of little kids and turning a blind eye to that. However, this meeting is taking forever, so whatever it is that they're doing in there, they are making sure they're doing it right. All "t"s will be crossed and all "I"s dotted so that he can't sue them. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure old Nick Sabban is enjoying the heck out of this, too, as OSU is usually about the only team that can beat them. Any distraction is a good distraction.
And Georgia and Auburn.....

sstterry":3m2c3s0h said:
I just saw on twitter that the President wants a suspension and Meyer is refusing to accept it..... but it is twitter.

Just saw there's a news conference now.

I guess it's better than nothing, but it's kind of expected. I'm not sure they could really do more.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm sure not throwing my friends and workmates under the bus for every little thing they are accused of, and I'm sure not calling them out unless I am DANG sure they are guilty.

It played out about like everyone thought it would.
Mostly same as the Jameis Winston/FSU saga did a few years ago.
I'm honestly surprised the regents gave him 3 games....figured it would be 1 game at the most, considering how successful his record is.

by ohiosteve » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't know about y'all, but I'm sure not throwing my friends and workmates under the bus for every little thing they are accused of, and I'm sure not calling them out unless I am DANG sure they are guilty.

He admitted being guilty...of at least lying.
But it seems you aren't alone in your way of thinking regarding OSU.

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... tney-smith

ohiosteve":3irltjk0 said:

We had a guy at work that was arrested for attacking his wife. The manager and I couldn't wait to get rid of him, but had to wait the few days he was in jail to have a viable excuse to get rid of him. I look at anyone that would attack their family as being unhinged and not someone I would want to be around. And, I DANG sure wouldn't be friends that would put themselves in the position of being accused of abusing their family. When there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Bestoutwest":1t4ksbty said:
ohiosteve":1t4ksbty said:

We had a guy at work that was arrested for attacking his wife. The manager and I couldn't wait to get rid of him, but had to wait the few days he was in jail to have a viable excuse to get rid of him. I look at anyone that would attack their family as being unhinged and not someone I would want to be around. And, I DANG sure wouldn't be friends that would put themselves in the position of being accused of abusing their family. When there's smoke, there's usually fire.

Dont you think that is a stretch when he wasn't ever charged with domestic violence. The cops investigated and found nothing ?? So the law says none were broken but you want his boss in trouble for not firing him ? Hope for your sake you never have a revengeful ex.... Lol

Ohio Cowboy":itmv9s1x said:
Bestoutwest":itmv9s1x said:
ohiosteve":itmv9s1x said:

Dont you think that is a stretch when he wasn't ever charged with domestic violence. The cops investigated and found nothing ?? So the law says none were broken but you want his boss in trouble for not firing him ? Hope for your sake you never have a revengeful ex.... Lol

And you don't think cops would ever turn a blind eye toward a football coach at a very, very prominent program?

Bestoutwest":rft2hgfz said:
Ohio Cowboy":rft2hgfz said:
Bestoutwest":rft2hgfz said:

And you don't think cops would ever turn a blind eye toward a football coach at a very, very prominent program?
Turn a blind eye at a coach for what? What did Urban do wrong? The coach that deserved to be fired was fired.

ohiosteve":3drqzzu4 said:
Bestoutwest":3drqzzu4 said:
Ohio Cowboy":3drqzzu4 said:

Turn a blind eye at a coach for what? What did Urban do wrong? The coach that deserved to be fired was fired.

He didn't report it to the Title IV Office as was required under his contract.
He essentially called the original reporter who asked a question about it a liar, knowing full well it was true.
He hired Smith when he already knew he had a history of domestic violence.

Bestoutwest":1jp1olpk said:
Ohio Cowboy":1jp1olpk said:
Bestoutwest":1jp1olpk said:

So it's the work places job to enforce the law then....... lol.....