THE Ohio State

Help Support CattleToday:

That will be hard to prove, but if proven OS is in a predicament on their coach. We all seen what happen to Penn States head coach who no doubt knew what was going on and did nothing.

Everything I've heard is circumstantial. But it's pretty clear Meyer knew. Still will be next to impossible to prove. Time to do damage control.

OHIO st has always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason

Remember when Meyer left Florida to spend more time with the fam and watch daughters play softball if I recall the story correctly?

And how soon after did he take the buckeye job? I can only remember scratching my head and rolling eyes

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/314 ... da-but-why

In a released statement, Meyer said "I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program. I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to reevaluate my priorities of faith and family. After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

And now, we may never get that chance. Is Urban completely stepping away from coaching? Headed to the NFL? Is there another collegiate job Urban is interested in? Did he think without Tebow the days were dark for the Gators? Or are health problems the real reason?
While no one's calling Urban Meyer a liar (yet at least), something is fishy around the University of Florida. Hopefully we'll learn more in the coming weeks, but for now, the Great Wall of Gainesville that Meyer had built may finally be coming to the ground.

torogmc81":1e0nnt7o said:

Remember when Meyer left Florida to spend more time with the fam and watch daughters play softball if I recall the story correctly?

And how soon after did he take the buckeye job? I can only remember scratching my head and rolling eyes

I don't like them b/c every NFL player that is introduced on TV says they are from "THE" Ohio State. I get it, they're proud of their college, but who isn't? I've never seen anyone on there intentionally mumbling through where they went to school. And as far as Urban goes, I've never liked him. Nick Saban either. Don't know why, but I'm glad I've never met either one of them.

Bestoutwest":3e7crrvx said:
torogmc81":3e7crrvx said:

I don't like them b/c every NFL player that is introduced on TV says they are from "THE" Ohio State. I get it, they're proud of their college, but who isn't? I've never seen anyone on there intentionally mumbling through where they went to school. And as far as Urban goes, I've never liked him. Nick Saban either. Don't know why, but I'm glad I've never met either one of them.

"The" is actually the first part of the name of the college. It isn't just "Ohio State University". It is "The Ohio State University"

jltrent":37h272gb said:
That will be hard to prove, but if proven OS is in a predicament on their coach. We all seen what happen to Penn States head coach who no doubt knew what was going on and did nothing.

There's unfortunately, a big difference in most people's minds between what is being alleged in connection to TheOSU and what was going on with Joe Paterno and his staff regarding that whole disgusting Penn State thing.

Ohio Cowboy":rlwcd5sp said:
"The" is actually the first part of the name of the college. It isn't just "Ohio State University". It is "The Ohio State University"

Correct, but I went to the University of Maine, not THE!! University of Maine. Sorry, but it's :bs: . :hide:

Bestoutwest":9m93pu3i said:
Ohio Cowboy":9m93pu3i said:

Correct, but I went to the University of Maine, not THE!! University of Maine. Sorry, but it's :bs: . :hide:
Is "The" actually part of the name, like on the logo and everything. Seems foolish to leave it off as it is the name of the college. Sorta like calling you out west.

torogmc81":1tctkod0 said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/314674-breaking-news-urban-meyer-resigning-from-florida-but-why

In a released statement, Meyer said "I have given my heart and soul to coaching college football and mentoring young men for the last 24-plus years and I have dedicated most of my waking moments the last five years to the Gator football program. I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to reevaluate my priorities of faith and family. After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

And now, we may never get that chance. Is Urban completely stepping away from coaching? Headed to the NFL? Is there another collegiate job Urban is interested in? Did he think without Tebow the days were dark for the Gators? Or are health problems the real reason?
While no one's calling Urban Meyer a liar (yet at least), something is fishy around the University of Florida. Hopefully we'll learn more in the coming weeks, but for now, the Great Wall of Gainesville that Meyer had built may finally be coming to the ground.
You been asleep the last 9 years?

greybeard":xknq2tja said:
jltrent":xknq2tja said:

There's unfortunately, a big difference in most people's minds between what is being alleged in connection to TheOSU and what was going on with Joe Paterno and his staff regarding that whole disgusting Penn State thing.
Big difference, but abuse is abuse and if you know it is going on and are the head coach and do nothing, then could not turn out good. I believe nothing will happen as my wife said the same thing to me as you are saying.

greybeard":36nobzce said:
Sounds like Buckeyes and the fans/alma mater/ and then Gov Hayes had some sort of inferiority complex...

It seems that way, doesn't it?

torogmc81":33w4icbp said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/314674-breaking-news-urban-meyer-resigning-from-florida-but-why

Meyer has always been an OSU Buckeye fan. Has pics in his house and office of Woody Hayes, Trussell and am told he loves to wear his Archie Griffin #45 jersey. Wife is said to carry a buckeye in her purse and has for ages. He gave Florida 6 of the best years in their history and left........Florida got all they paid for.Get over it !!

Bestoutwest":2nhq0j30 said:
torogmc81":2nhq0j30 said:

Sounds like you got a hang up about successful people. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure it keeps them awake at night.

Latest posts