Mississippi did it!

Help Support CattleToday:

I watched part of the Miss St -TAMU game--Miss St certainly earned that win. Game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicates.

One of the best days in mississippi history for sure. To all of those who say SEC is not for real, come get you some.

My memory just isn't what it used to be, with all the hype from ESPN, I almost forgot that Auburn got spanked by FSU. How bad did the arguably best ranked team in the SEC blow out the mealy Big12 team they played in the Sugar bowl?

More importantly, I'm glad for Ole Miss and Miss St brought the wood. I enjoy watching underdogs win. Yesterday was a great day for college football.

Commercialfarmer":388menld said:
My memory just isn't what it used to be, with all the hype from ESPN, I almost forgot that Auburn got spanked by FSU. How bad did the arguably best ranked team in the SEC blow out the mealy Big12 team they played in the Sugar bowl?

More importantly, I'm glad for Ole Miss and Miss St brought the wood. I enjoy watching underdogs win. Yesterday was a great day for college football.

Yup! Go Horned Frogs!

Mississippi State and Ole Miss both ranked number 3 in the AP Pole.

shaneb":2kmc8ns2 said:
I'll be rootin' for them most of the time but don't see it lasting. we're in conference play now and the SEC teams will all be beating up on each other. As someone said hte other day "parity"...Anyone can win on any given day. Not like some conferences where you beat one team and the rest are pushovers.

TexasBred":87ciysep said:
shaneb":87ciysep said:
I'll be rootin' for them most of the time but don't see it lasting. we're in conference play now and the SEC teams will all be beating up on each other. As someone said hte other day "parity"...Anyone can win on any given day. Not like some conferences where you beat one team and the rest are pushovers.
I said that on the other thread. I agree with you. This upcoming weekend can reverse those rankings as ole miss is playing a&m at a&m and msu has auburn at msu. Those games alone can turn the tables. Its not over until the end of season here in the sec west division.

Took my 17 yo grandson to his first college game. Just the two of us. Ole Miss vs Bama. Pretty good start. Pulling for OM in the north end zone in the middle of the entire Bama fans. The stadium only holds about 60k so Bama only had about 20% of the fans. My guess. ESPN, I think, had the very first Game Day. We did the player walk through, the whole thing. Very impressive. Ole Miss is also noted for the attractive young ladies and my gs definitely agreed. Grandpaw seconded it.
Both MSU & UM have very good teams and will be at or nearer the top of the SEC when the dust settles. To go undefeated you have to be very good with a big splash of luck especially in the SEC.

Commercialfarmer":21hyo0bm said:

Not sure of your definition of spanked is ,but I remember FSU scoring to go ahead with 13 seconds left to win.

Latest posts