Im gonna miss it!

Help Support CattleToday:

2018 Boston Whaler Montauk 210 with 150 hp Mercury. 55 hours on it. It'll be more comfortable cruising to Seattle.
Recognize the hull 1980 model still in service. 17' model.
Sold my bay boat couple months ago, first time without one in 50 years.
Still got the bass boat.
I need psychiatric help I know.
IMG_1669.jpeg

23 inch Coho on the way home from treatment today, rigged up and only had half a beer down when she hit. Then I looked at my net, locked up collapsed and needing attention. Killed the throttle finished my beer (rammed it) untangled the net and did my best!! What else can you do no matter what's going on.
Smoked salmon tomorrow!
Life is what you make of it!
20230808_171824.jpg

Tex you have to make the time. Its one of the reasons I fish small bass club tournaments is so the date is set, the entry fee is paid my money and will go no matter the weather or what else is going on. Its also one of the few sports that us old codgers can participate in and not be at a disadvantage to those young punks in their $80K boats.

I've actually been quite fortunate in my boat trading.
But the right boatat a great price, Keep and use 'em for 25-27 years, maintain them well and sell them for what you paid or more. Last month was a perfect example.
This is what really turns me off.. 2.6mpg.. OUCH
I think I'll just buy my fish at the store
1692068974827.png

View attachment 33843
That's the bigger one I just sold!
I HAVE to go to Seattle 3-4 times a week, taking my Whaler and fishing is way better than I-5 traffic.
Sitting in my boat with a beer, fishing is a pinch better than 2+ hours on the interstate bumper to bumper each way.

I don't buy fish.

View attachment 33843
I've got a BIL that guides with a pontoon boat/50 HP Honda four stroke. He can troll a long time on five gallons. I don't know the exact figures, but it isn't like the old two strokes. I want to say the tank lasts all day... but I'm not sure.