It must be spring

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Every year about this time these two geese show up. They land on top of this rock that juts out into the field and honk up a storm at the other geese as they fly by or come in for a landing out the the field. I call them the air traffic control geese.

Attachments

• P4221450.JPG
    P4221450.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P4221451.JPG
    P4221451.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
Those geese and ducks plus a thousand swans show up here 'round April 15th, stay couple weeks then head off to the Yukon flats to breed. We get a few stay the summer here at my farm as I built a huge pond 25yrs ago and do they ever love it. I will post some pix when they arrive

(you have to scroll down. the early pics from the previous year are no longer available)

Geese mate for life and supposedly always return to the same place.
I had a pet goose one time Terrence, but not at band camp. 😉 He was a neat pet. He didn't like water until he got older. I kept him in a box inside the house, I know dang well he could have easily hopped out of. He pop his he up to watch TV. Lol In the mornings he would wake up making a peeping sound wait for me to take him outside. When he got older I'd leave him outside during the day and bring him in at night. He got used to this routine, by dark he was waiting by the front door to come inside to get in his box. ☺😍 I'd walk him to the creek to swim, he didn't have much interest in that until he was older. When he started doing the honking sounds he go hide in the back yard and practice that like he was embarrassed or something. It was adorable!! He was pretty silly when he was learning to fly. By that time I thought it be best to leave him outside at night. I had very poor judgment with that and made a bad goose mom....😬 something killed him. I put hairbows in his hair he didn't like them... he knew he was a boy.

That goose was worth alot of money ! The first goose I have ever heard of that had hair instead of feathers ? You could have named your price for it.

Latest posts