mineral with IGR

Help Support CattleToday:

tsmaxx47

Reaction score
i'm just finishing a bag of purina wind and rain with altosid. i went looking for another bag today or a similar brand and i couldn't find any with an IGR. the closest feed store that has mineral with IGR is 30 miles away. it's hard to figure how two stores like tractor supply and atwoods would be without it. is there that little call for it? what's the deal?

I have to order mine straight from the distributor. It's expensive and that puts a lot of people off using it. They may try it once thinking it 's the silver bullet for flys and don;t see any benefit so they quit.

Its not hard to get around here most of the time ran out last yr mid sept guess they didnt want to carry it through the winter. I think the main thing with it is once you start you have to stay on it you cant put in a regular bag because its like starting over. Ive used it for about 4 yrs really like it but the deal last yr taught me a lesson I would drive the 30 miles to keep them on it maybe afterwards look for a new supplier.

Easy to buy here to, but not the Purina brand. Never tried Purina brands, always figured it cost to much because of all the advertisements. The IGR mineral we use might help, but mixing Ultra Boss and diesel fuel 50-1 works great on Angus cows and will last for a couple of weeks or more. FLYS SUCK

highgrit":1o2vrnjk said:
Easy to buy here to, but not the Purina brand. Never tried Purina brands, always figured it cost to much because of all the advertisements. The IGR mineral we use might help, but mixing Ultra Boss and diesel fuel 50-1 works great on Angus cows and will last for a couple of weeks or more. FLYS SUCK
Too many people think that there is a silver bulleet for fly problems. There isn't, it takes multiple protocols to work really effectively. Fly wipes, dung beetles (if you have them), IGR, pasture rotation, prevention of muddy spots, etc. all contribute their small part.

tsmaxx47":3jlaavmm said:
i'm just finishing a bag of purina wind and rain with altosid. i went looking for another bag today or a similar brand and i couldn't find any with an IGR. the closest feed store that has mineral with IGR is 30 miles away. it's hard to figure how two stores like tractor supply and atwoods would be without it. is there that little call for it? what's the deal?
Ts...these stores only carry things they consider big volume stuff. Horse feeds primarily but a few other things as well. I doubt anyone in either store has a clue waht IGR is. Drive teh 30 miles, buy several bags and make it a family day out on the town. ;-)

Latest posts