Mineral Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Alot of the minerals are mixed with salt. I feed a chelated (sp)mineral and you sure can tell the difference. Breed back quickly, calves up within 30 minutes after hitting the ground and cows as well as the heifers clean right up.
Bottom line is take a blood sample and see where you cattle are at.

buckaroo_bif":1ijgrf8s said:
I bought some loose mineral from vitaferm last summer for a ridiculous price. the cows didn't like it maybe too much salt i don't know. I went back to western feed mills loose mineral. I am not impressed with it either but it is half the price. Can anybody suggest a resaonable priced loose mineral maybe with igr for summertime?
we started using the "Sweetlix Copperhead "mineral and we like it alot.It has the rain bloker treatment and is only 10.75 per bag delivered.

polledbull":2kn95ucl said:
buckaroo_bif":2kn95ucl said:
I bought some loose mineral from vitaferm last summer for a ridiculous price. the cows didn't like it maybe too much salt i don't know. I went back to western feed mills loose mineral. I am not impressed with it either but it is half the price. Can anybody suggest a resaonable priced loose mineral maybe with igr for summertime?
we started using the "Sweetlix Copperhead "mineral and we like it alot.It has the rain bloker treatment and is only 10.75 per bag delivered.

Thats 10.75 for 50 lbs?
What is rain bloker treatment???

buckaroo_bif":1331h0rl said:
polledbull":1331h0rl said:
buckaroo_bif":1331h0rl said:

Thats 10.75 for 50 lbs?
Rain Blok is Sweetlix's answer to "Water resistant" Minerals.

Crowderfarms":127bvt15 said:
buckaroo_bif":127bvt15 said:
polledbull":127bvt15 said:
buckaroo_bif":127bvt15 said:

Thats 10.75 for 50 lbs?
Rain Blok is Sweetlix's answer to "Water resistant" Minerals.

Well we shouldn't need that anymore seeings how it don't rain!
:lol2:

That wadn't funny!
But really does it work Crowder?

The Wind and Rain I use, doesn't lose anything in rain. I keep it "out" in the elements. The worst it does is form clumps, but the cows break em up easy and eat the minerals.

Oh it'll rain someday.
A year ago it was so wet I used 4 wheel drive everday. This year I haven't used it once.
Dry weather is easier on the trucks, gotta find something good about a drought! :roll:

buckaroo_bif":2ww5i8zs said:

They do not eat it that good at first. But hard to beat Vita-ferm especially if you do a lot of A.I. or Embryo work. But it is expensive.

Latest posts