milk prices

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
How about the increasing milk prices, up over $17 a cwt now and climbing, I say about time!!

GMN

GMN":25510lwk said:
How about the increasing milk prices, up over $17 a cwt now and climbing, I say about time!!

GMN

And with the increased cost of feed, electricty and fuel, how much more do you thnk you're really netting over the $12.00 price?

Think the boss is getting about $20 now with premiums. We have this running joke that anything over 30,000 lbs a day they make money. Probably fairly accurate though.

dun":1kulrd4a said:
GMN":1kulrd4a said:

GMN

And with the increased cost of feed, electricty and fuel, how much more do you thnk you're really netting over the $12.00 price?

Actually our feed costs have gone down some, and anything more than the measly $10 cwt that I got paid throughout the winter is a godsend, so don't go crashing my party!

GMN

Something funny is going on.
I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a gallon of 2% milk for $4.00 a week later I get a gallon of 2% from my local store at $3.68 a gallon.
Did milk prices drop from the 6th of July?

GMN":j4nzo3r8 said:

GMN
It should keep climbing, most of the dairy herds in our area our down sizing because the crops around here are so bad that if they aren't a top producer they are going to slaughter. It's really sad. One farm with a 250 dairy heard may have to completely sell out, because the frost killed off all of their hay and with the drought their corn is tosseling at 2 - 2 1/2 ft. tall.