MEAT IS MURDER

Help Support CattleToday:

I must say I think animals have rights.
They have the right to clean food and water, the right to good shelter, and proper care. They should never have to suffer.
Even if they are being raised for the food chain that does not change those basic rights.
Some producers may not provide these basics, but if they don't they won't be producers for very long.
And they probably don't provide much for their human dependents either.

I don't see those as rights, I don't persoanlly think animals have rights. But Iagree that we must meet there needs properly. But much of that has to do with the bottom line. Deprived of good care is costly in the terms of production and in my case, my own personal satisfaction and being able to look myself in the mirror.

dun

D.R. Cattle":2a6w3ioe said:
OK. I don't think anyone on this board argues that point.

Correct. I just don't use the term rights. It probably has most to do with mirror.

dun

D.R. Cattle":2xdvzxs3 said:
Dun I guess you just agreed, but with different words.

What you're talking about is Animal Welfare -- and most breeders of any species are all for Animal Welfare.
It's the Animal Rights agenda that tends to "stick in the craw" -- these people are trying to end ALL uses of animals, including the keeping of pets. They want to end the "oppression" and "exploitation" of animals by humans -- and in their opinion, any contact that animals have with humans is bad. They want the whole world to be vegetatian -- basically, they're a small minority that wants to tell everybody else how to live their lives. And unfortunately, because they're very vocal, sugarcoat their message, and most people don't believe that they're a threat, they do manage to get legislation passed.

Ann B

rbell":2ye4xetc said:
I must say I think animals have rights.
They have the right to clean food and water, the right to good shelter, and proper care. They should never have to suffer.
Even if they are being raised for the food chain that does not change those basic rights.
Some producers may not provide these basics, but if they don't they won't be producers for very long.
And they probably don't provide much for their human dependents either.

Anonymous":2hovbd7v said:
meat is murder:evil:
MURDER :?: :? :?: will be the term use for Jack the Ripper or any other serial killer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and Evil :evil: are maybe your own ideas :idea: or thoughts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so if you're vegetarian keep it for your :| own, don't mess with cattlemen :cboy:

A. delaGarza":3l96uf8p said:
Anonymous":3l96uf8p said:
MURDER :?: :? :?: will be the term use for Jack the Ripper or any other serial killer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and Evil :evil: are maybe your own ideas :idea: or thoughts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so if you're vegetarian keep it for your :| own, don't mess with cattlemen :cboy:
delaGarza
I think you speak for most on this board except for the one who posted the topic and signed in as guest so no one would what it is.

la4angus":fzf7uaaj said:
A. delaGarza":fzf7uaaj said:
Anonymous":fzf7uaaj said:
delaGarza
I think you speak for most on this board except for the one who posted the topic and signed in as guest so no one would what it is.
:oops: :oops: excuse my ignorance, I don't get the point :?: :?:

A. delaGarza":15ajml43 said:
la4angus":15ajml43 said:
A. delaGarza":15ajml43 said:
Anonymous":15ajml43 said:
delaGarza
My mistake
The so called "Guest" who started the "meat is murder" topic does not want it known who they are. Whoever it is, they are hiding behind "annomyous". :lol: :lol: :lol:

la4angus":361lwzvf said:
A. delaGarza":361lwzvf said:
la4angus":361lwzvf said:
A. delaGarza":361lwzvf said:
Anonymous":361lwzvf said:
delaGarza
My mistake
The so called "Guest" who started the "meat is murder" topic does not want it known who they are. Whoever it is, they are hiding behind "annomyous". :lol: :lol: :lol:
you got it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

la4angus":1ezw5zmt said:
A. delaGarza":1ezw5zmt said:
la4angus":1ezw5zmt said:
A. delaGarza":1ezw5zmt said:
Anonymous":1ezw5zmt said:
delaGarza
My mistake
you got it, take it away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meat is murder.. huh? Then I guess so it slicing a carrot. If one considers all "living" things.. hell you cant even eat dirt.. a microbe might lose it's little life... I might suggest you try to find one.. not a microobe.. a life ;-)

gm I agree with you 100%. Also with dun. You can't reason with these people so I stay away. When I was in high school I was aporached at Texas FFA state convention by a group of these type people. I was just a teen but don't mind saying they scared me. Be carefull. Nearly makes me want to take off were I am from. Except now I am 6'5" and weigh 270. Much doesn't scare me any more except cows with horns. :lol:

mom(retired school teacher) lamenteing the lack of common sense stated "not enough people have to twist the necks on their own sunday dinners any more". I don't think there is a big veggie following in Ethiopia

Latest posts