MEAT IS MURDER

Help Support CattleToday:

I've heard some pretty stupid things from some of these people, but I think this one takes the cake.

A gal wrote to me to tell me how evil I am because I raise meat animals and also keep milk cows.
She finished her tirade on Animal Rights with "we don't need to keep cows for milk anymore, I buy my milk in a carton at the grocery store!"

Ann B

I don't know why it does, but it alwasy surprises me at how many people think that milk is created in a plastic jug, meat comes from a styrafoom tray under shrink wrap, fish are naturally boxed and breaded, etc.
Boy, I must e in on of my intolerant moods today

dun

Ann Bledsoe":2exziq54 said:
I've heard some pretty stupid things from some of these people, but I think this one takes the cake.

A gal wrote to me to tell me how evil I am because I raise meat animals and also keep milk cows.
She finished her tirade on Animal Rights with "we don't need to keep cows for milk anymore, I buy my milk in a carton at the grocery store!"

Ann B

dun said:
Me too. But the only ones I like walk on all fours and go mooooooooo

dun

What about da Volks Vegan! It gets 45 miles to da gallon and do good in crash test.

Especially those commercials for "Florida's Natural" where the guy is in the grove and hands the OJ through the tree to the consumer. I hope nobody thinks 250 million field boxes of oranges get harvested by a guy with a handkerchief in his backpocket leaning up against a rake.

dun":30eligcn said:
I don't know why it does, but it alwasy surprises me at how many people think that milk is created in a plastic jug, meat comes from a styrafoom tray under shrink wrap, fish are naturally boxed and breaded, etc.
Boy, I must e in on of my intolerant moods today

dun

Ann Bledsoe":30eligcn said:

Ann B

Or those vegans who think "organic" vegetables means that no animals are killed the production or storage stages.

BTW, Dun, I like your picture. Are you saying that reflects your mood today?

D.R. Cattle":2ww6l1qa said:
You should hear some people's ideas on how fresh fruits get into the supermarket.

In San Francisco they just walk in. Some times with his Boyfriend.

If is the case, then murder tastes best grilled over an open flame and served with a baked potato.

Get real, It is called the food chain for a reason.

I belong to PETA - only not quite the PETA one would think. In our organization PETA stands for People Eating Tasty Animals!

Where do vegans get their iron from? I suppose they could get protein, at least a little, from some plant sources, but iron? What else am I missing?

actual quote from a veg discussion board:

"But anyways, it never dawned on me that I could get sick and die if I had eaten that raw meat. How could a food that is deadly in raw form be good for you, ya know?"

D.R. Cattle":1ccnyneu said:
Where do vegans get their iron from? I suppose they could get protein, at least a little, from some plant sources, but iron? What else am I missing?

There are a lot of plant sources for iron. Spinach has lots if you can stand it. If a person is very serious about their diet, they can get everything from plants except they require supplements for B12. That's the kicker. When they start bragging that they eat a "natural" diet and don't need animal products, ask where they get their B12. Most of them also take some sort of megavitamin, just in case. The majority of vegans seem to be 12-20 year old girls and lots of them have eating disorders. Veganism seems to be a way to control their eating problems. They're pretty much a sad group. And, as a group, the biggest bunch of liars I've ever seen.

Frankie":2a3ue7v1 said:
The majority of vegans seem to be 12-20 year old girls and lots of them have eating disorders. Veganism seems to be a way to control their eating problems. They're pretty much a sad group. And, as a group, the biggest bunch of liars I've ever seen.

another kicker is that vegans are not necessarily thin. because of the large amounts of pastas & grains & starches many are overweight.

txag":3sk7je17 said:
Frankie":3sk7je17 said:
The majority of vegans seem to be 12-20 year old girls and lots of them have eating disorders. Veganism seems to be a way to control their eating problems. They're pretty much a sad group. And, as a group, the biggest bunch of liars I've ever seen.

another kicker is that vegans are not necessarily thin. because of the large amounts of pastas & grains & starches many are overweight.

Exactly see Atkins Diet.

I've been pretty much on the Atkins diet all my working (and retired) life. I just tell folks I'm a carnivore and they shake their heads and leave me alone.

dun

D.R. Cattle":3jwsbiku said:
I'm on the Atkins right now. Seems like a sin to eat meat and eggs only, but it's working.