Mc Donald's New Burger

Help Support CattleToday:

kyblockhead":vwr8dwvj said:
My understanding is that CAB doesn't actually have to have any angus at all but must be black hided.

Correct. And and since the inception of the AngusSource program, they don't even have to be black.

As if they ALL were before. :lol: :lol:

Why do we need the foolish USDA and all there information when we have MikeC to tell us the real truth. USDA is just part of the CAB conspiracy.

PS: Mike if you are referring to me doubting a CAB burger I think you should re-read my entry. :lol: I was making a joke about McDonalds having a 3.99 CAB burger.

I can still think of a better use for the CAB steak than hamburger as well.

MikeC":2ubuew1q said:
kyblockhead":2ubuew1q said:
My understanding is that CAB doesn't actually have to have any angus at all but must be black hided.

Correct. And and since the inception of the AngusSource program, they don't even have to be black.

As if they ALL were before. :lol: :lol:

You're wrong again, MikeC. You do seem to be creating quite a track record of being wrong. The AngusSource program has been around for more than a year. They have only now changed the CAB rules to allow cattle sired by an Angus bull into the CAB program, no matter what color. I think all the CAB natural beef is from AngusSource cattle.

And of course they were all black. The rules require it. :D

"Mark McCully, director of supply
development for Certified Angus Beef
LLC (CAB), said implementation of the
program presents new opportunities.
"This will obviously affect the
producers who are using registered
Angus bulls on a set of cows that might
not produce black calves," he said, citing
a smoky Charolais-Angus cross. "Now
that we know the genetics, those cattle
that were previously not eligible will be
evaluated for CAB and its premiums."
McCully said the long-term effects
will be much greater than the initial
numbers.
"Short term, supply will be fairly
limited because the AngusSource
program is in its infancy stage," he
said."

Key word being evaluated. If you check you will see the actual criteria hasnt changed.

Personaly I dont care what color they are. Color doesnt have anything to do with meat quality. The Reg Angus req. will still ensure the same level of Angus involvment as previously and still promote the breed, which is really what CAB is designed to do.

3MR":3lmbafpi said:
Key word being evaluated. If you check you will see the actual criteria hasnt changed.

Personaly I dont care what color they are. Color doesnt have anything to do with meat quality. The Reg Angus req. will still ensure the same level of Angus involvment as previously and still promote the breed, which is really what CAB is designed to do.

They are "evaluated" just as the black ones are. By pulling the hide off. :lol:

That's just doublespeak by Mark.

You think Frankie's lying??
"They have only now changed the CAB rules to allow cattle sired by an Angus bull into the CAB program, no matter what color."

I have it from someone who is knowledgeable on these things.
He says most any color can qualify now, and have been for a couple of years. They came in under the "Genotype" rules in the CAB criteria.

Glad you feel that way about color and quality.

Bullbuyer":22asat0y said:
Field Reporter Assignment for Chrisy:
Go to your local McD's - get one of these new burgers and give a full report!
We'll need a price report - please convert to US $$ as we are not well versed.
We'll need an overall appearance report - there seems to be some concern as to the 'marbling' of this fine delicacy.
And lastly a taste report! (Of course, most of us are already decided on this point.)

Send the bill to the boys down in Tennessee.

BB

Sorry BB no can do as I don't eat beef burgers, I will find out the price and send that over in the conversion for you. But taste test as I say no way, as I am on a very strict low fat diet, because of health reasons, and a burger does not go with my fitness plan.

Gate Opener":39tljuv7 said:
I don't like them either. It was rare for me to go there but the last two times I did it made me sick. I won't go back. I noticed that the restaurants smell funny. Doesn't really smell the way food cooking should.

I read a book last year called Broken Windows , I can't remember the author. Good book. He talks a lot about McDonald's as a symbol of how American business went out the window when the emphasis was placed purely on profit and not on customer satisfaction. When Ray Crock was still a live, he insisted on the stores being super clean with polite, knowledgeable staff. He had a vested interest in each franchise. It was a part of the corporate philosophy. When he died and all that kinda went away and my experience is that the McDonalds' of today are not the places I went as a kid in the seventies. I don't want to eat somewhere nasty. Seen their restrooms? Talk about gross! :x

MikeC":1h3m8zt4 said:
3MR":1h3m8zt4 said:

They are "evaluated" just as the black ones are. By pulling the hide off. :lol:

That's just doublespeak by Mark.

You think Frankie's lying??
"They have only now changed the CAB rules to allow cattle sired by an Angus bull into the CAB program, no matter what color."

He says most any color can qualify now, and have been for a couple of years. They came in under the "Genotype" rules in the CAB criteria.

Glad you feel that way about color and quality.

Come on Mike, you know Im not going to call Frankie a liar anymore than I would call you one. As far as I am concerned Frankie is pretty much the local expert on CAB and Angus programs.

Besides, you know exactly what she meant.

Theoretically that is correct. The cattle do not have to be completely black hided to qualify. The idea is to promote the breed. Black hided is intended to ensure the cattle are Angus influenced. There are alternate ways to show Angus influence which will qualify the animal as well.

MikeC":hiyfncp9 said:

Is that the same "knowledgable" someone who told you TWICE that Red Angus could qualify for CAB? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frankie":2g3bhi1c said:
MikeC":2g3bhi1c said:

Is that the same "knowledgable" someone who told you TWICE that Red Angus could qualify for CAB? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually no. But if you could prove to us that no Red Angus have EVER been through the CAB program, it would certainly be interesting.

MikeC":24jzb8af said:
Frankie":24jzb8af said:
MikeC":24jzb8af said:

Actually no. But if you could prove to us that no Red Angus have EVER been through the CAB program, it would certainly be interesting.

There are black Red Angus. They work fine in the CAB program. I don't doubt that mistakes happen and cattle that shouldn't, do get the CAB premium. But it costs the packers money when they're caught cheating. I just don't see them taking that chance on a large scale.

MikeC":3n0egubi said:
Frankie":3n0egubi said:
MikeC":3n0egubi said:

I cant prove that a chicken has never been accepted either, but that doesnt mean it has happened.

Can you prove that a Red Angus has EVER been acccepted?

I have the word of a couple of friends who I trust.

That's good enough for me.

It might be worth the trouble to dig up some paperwork if the bet was high enough though. :lol:

MikeC":2p8pmoaz said:
What I found funny was that CAB, Black Angus Beef, and generic hamburger was made in the same batch according to the FSIS recall.

Not to sound rude or start an argument, Mike, but if you knew how beef processing plants worked, you would understand exactly how that happened. They switch over the lines. And according to FSIS rules, if one product comes up with ecoli, X number before and after that item is recalled for safety reasons. (I forget the number.)

I can't imagine McDonalds making any hamburger taste good. And while I love Angus, I can't see how anyone would be able to taste a difference in ground beef, especially fried.

Dusty Britches":1yblxkga said:
MikeC":1yblxkga said:
What I found funny was that CAB, Black Angus Beef, and generic hamburger was made in the same batch according to the FSIS recall.

Not to sound rude or start an argument, Mike, but if you knew how beef processing plants worked, you would understand exactly how that happened. They switch over the lines. And according to FSIS rules, if one product comes up with ecoli, X number before and after that item is recalled for safety reasons. (I forget the number.)

I can't imagine McDonalds making any hamburger taste good. And while I love Angus, I can't see how anyone would be able to taste a difference in ground beef, especially fried.
as long as mcdonalds keeps their playground and ronald and the mac burgerlar they will have a customer. and they could care less if it was cert. gopher meat

Even when McDonalds started their first "fast food" restaurant ina the 1950's (i.e., Ray Kroc), I can't ever remember their advertisements mentioning anything about "taste"...

McD has consistently promoted kids "fun" times, playgrounds, "happy meals" and all that marketing stuff for kids. Of course, it's a "destination" for soccer moms to "reward" their kids for something.... Then, there is the quickie "meal" for commuters, travelers, etc., who want something to fill that black hole in their G-I tract... ;-)

Bottomline: In the dark...no one can tell what color something is. And, once you remove the "hide" ... most any meat is "pink" in the inside...

Go figure...

:roll: